It's looking like no plastics for the kid!

JazzyOne9254
on 6/6/12 3:15 pm, edited 6/6/12 3:23 am

Nightowl-

That's the killer in all this - Medicaid had already given Prior Authorization. The *will* pick up what AARP/Medicare won't.

I did speak with AARP/Medicare, and they need letters of medical necessity from my PCP and bariatric surgeon - both of whom are on board with this. They will cover it with the evidence, including pictures, that it is medically necessary. If I could find a doctor who would just file the insurance, I'd be good. I'll even take out of network! I found an organization that helps poeple with bariatric surgery and post bariatric skin removal, and I'm going to give that a shot. Maybe I can piece together enough to get this taken care of.

The mechanical means of solving the skin issue is causing other health issues (cellulitis), and as I said, I have hygiene issues (extraordinary cleansing/deodorizing measures). I even have to support my skin when I sit on the toilet to keep it from hitting the water in the bowl! I kid you not!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

nightowl
on 6/7/12 8:27 am - Topeka, KS
I'd be interested in your response to my previous post within this thread.
JazzyOne9254
on 6/7/12 8:57 am
I wi**** were that simple.

I did have Traditional Medicare before switching to AARP, and it costs me more than AARP. I have considered that, but in order to do that, I have to wait until open enrollment starts in October.   
I am trying to have the last major surgery, before I get too old, so I can get off of stinking disability and be a contributing member of the planet once again.

I hope no one ever has to go through what I've experienced by being on disability. People, even some medical "professionals", treat you like you're the scum of the earth.   

The worst part is, I have what's known as "invisible" disabilities, especially now that the SMO is gone, and I can actually look halfway decent now. You can't see lupus or fibromyalgia, unless it's a day where I need my cane to help with balance and walking. 

I was a taxpayer, too before my conditions made me a spectator and not a player.

nightowl
on 6/7/12 3:50 pm - Topeka, KS
Well, boogers.  That really does bite.
JazzyOne9254
on 6/8/12 2:17 pm

It sure does. 

People think that Social Security Disability is welfare, when it is not.  It's the government form of long-term disability insurance that you can buy from an insurance company, or that comes as part of your job benefits.

It really sucks that people look down on you for something that you can't help.

It's pretty much like the treatment many of us endured when we were pre-ops at our heaviest.

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views