vitamins. for ds ers.

its-killen-me
on 5/31/12 4:37 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 i am  just wondering would it be better to grind up or crush  the tablets and take them at bed time. This way they have longer to stay in your system before you pee them out in the morning?
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
MajorMom
on 5/31/12 7:25 pm - VA
The only thing you might want to do is cut horse pills in half and if you're having trouble with a vitamin or mineral coming up on your labs, take it away from other vitamins at bedtime or in the middle of the night. Tried crushed vitamins one---that was more than enough to not do it again. Blech!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Blank Out
on 5/31/12 11:59 pm
 What regime are you following?

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

its-killen-me
on 6/1/12 2:39 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 i was just wondering if thiS might help retain more of what vitamins you take.  they do not have to be crushed was just a thought.  I am just starting my pre op liquid diet today.  I was hopeing this might help with malabsorbtion problems in the future or prevent them. 
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
happydsr
on 6/2/12 8:40 am
 you'll be taking several batches of vitamins over the course of the day, so it is likely that one batch  will be at bed time.  As we are limited in the amount of absorbtion at a time, you may take calcium in four or five separate doses.  And since zinc and iron canot be taken with calcium, you could have 7 doses over the day.

I have found most vitamins to be quickly disolvable so crushing wasn't necessary.

Some are better taken with food and some can come back up on you if you lay down too soon after taking them.

It will take a little while to sort out the best schedule for you.

good luck
Most Active