Am I still a canidate?

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/12 3:05 am
I had the vsg nearly a year and a half ago. I went from a size 20 to a size 8. However because of my height, I'm 5'0, I am still overweight and 155 pounds. I work out doing exercise dvds and zumba for at least an hour everyday. I still think and feel I'm quite heavy. I wish I had the DS surgery as I feel and fear the pounds are starting to come back on. I am also starting to feel hungry and like I can eat more. I have read that it's possible to be resleeved or the ds. The sleeve hasn't completely worked as well as I hoped or intended so I see no reason to go through that procedure again unless it was the only option. Do you believe I am a canidate for the vsg to switch or am I now considered too 'lightweight' for surgery? 
Sandra C.
on 5/27/12 4:24 am - Kalamazoo, MI
 Who was your original surgeon? Do they do the D.S.? I would contact a few well known D.S. surgeons in your area, or nationally to find the most experienced with revisions. Are you self pay or insurance only? Medical reasons are usually necessary for insurance revision approval. What area do you live in ? We can suggest vetted surgeons near you. My surgeon does revisions to D.S. A few phone calls to them will get some answers to your questions.

Are you keeping track of your carbs? Try lo carb/high protein, like the Atkins diet. Fruit is not your friend. To jump start my loss, I try to keep my daily carbs between 20-50/day, and eat fresh foods cooked at home. Journaling your daily protein, carbs and fluid may seem a chore, but it will show exactly where changes in your diet may help you.

I love my D.S. The malabsorbtion is the best for less regain and reaching goal. I am short too, 5'3" 126lbs, aiming for 115 in the next few weeks. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

JazzyOne9254
on 5/28/12 7:26 am
If you have the sleeve, you already have the top half of the DS. 

I would think there might be a way to do the actual intestinal switch laparoscopically.  If you check the list for DS- vetted surgeons in your city or near you, I'll bet you could find one who could do it that way.  At your height and weight, I'm pretty sure you would still qualify.

Good luck!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active