Food

kathy215
on 5/25/12 11:09 am
 What food do you avoid because they give you "the runs".  I am not a big ice cream fan but had something I shouldn't have had tonight and all I can say is WOW I am paying for it 
MsBatt
on 5/25/12 1:48 pm
Nothing really gives me the runs, but marinated, grilled veggies can cause me some seriously painful gas. That's not saying that I necessarily avoid them. (*grin*)
NoreenRT
on 5/25/12 7:33 pm - Warner Robins, GA
more than a scoop of ice cream does the same to me.  i also noticed the higher quality the ice cream the more i can tolerate it.  same goes with cheese.  processed american cheese gives me gas and bloating for sure.
as for other foods, bread and gluten products to a minium, and no go on onions and peppers.  talk about stinky..........................whoooweeeeee!

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

JazzyOne9254
on 5/25/12 8:59 pm, edited 5/28/12 7:34 am

Ice cream: always go for the super-premium - more fat!

I saw a movie in elementary school, once, showing Eskimos making "ice cream".  Ingredients:  snow, whale blubber and blueberries.  Not sure where the blueberries came from, though!

We were told in pre-op class to *never* do pasteurized process, only natural cheese post -op, for comfort's sake.

Fibrous veggies, blanched and grilled veggies do the same thing to me, too.  But I like 'em, so I pay the price! 

I always make sure I do ice cream/veggies at home, or that I'm going to be home soon after indulging in either!

Strangely, straight whole milk doesn't bother me as much as it used to, I do use wehy protein isolate in my shakes though.  It's that 2%, and less that get me!  Higher lactose, less fat does a number on me every time!  Ice cream will set me off too, because of all the sugar on top of the lactose (milk sugar). So that's actually double sugar.

Anybody know if there's such a thing as unsweetened ice cream? (flavored, but no sugar or sugar substitute)

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Valerie G.
on 5/27/12 12:33 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Some ice creams - indeed!
Onions in abundance
pasta
too many tomatoes
straight milk - it has to be cooked in something to not affect me

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

southernlady5464
on 5/28/12 7:58 am
Not the runs so much as SERIOUS gas/bloat...milk without it being in something. Even lactaid variety.

But I can eat full fat ice cream, cheese, use half & Half (I use it in almost anything that says milk)

Right now my system is screwed up as I had day surgery last week and they gave me a dose of antibiotics and then had me take a round of antibiotics for 5 days afterward. Trying to get me back to normal but gas has been a nightly companion this past week. Thank goodness for Gas-X.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active