Finally feeling better...but have a question

bubbles6472
on 5/20/12 1:22 am - Perkasie, PA
 Good Sunday Morning everyone!

Thanks again for helping me get through last week when I was feeling so awful and down.  I finally figured out what I did wrong and why I was feeling so awful.  I had been on morphine for 11 yrs for a severe back injury and after my  2nd time in hospital for dehydration they stopped my morphine and was giving me other pain meds, well by Wednesday night (from Saturday) I realized I was withdrawling from the morphine, my god does it make you sick, no wonder I couldn't eat or drink anything hardly.  Within 45 minutes of taking my morphine I was fine.  Guess I had no idea how my body would react without it and it didn't dawn on me til it worked that was the issue.  So please for anyone who takes pain meds before surgery talk to your doctor about being off and how that will affect you.  I thought it was something with the surgery.  I am still having issues with vitamins tho.  I have always been someone who couldn't take them, so I started with flinstones for now but after about 45 minutes or so I get really sick to my stomache and half the time actually throw it up.  I remember as a kid even taking my vitamin and on the way to the bus stop getting sick.  Wasn't pleasant but as soon as I get rid of it I feel better.  What am I going to do?  

Ok so for my big question...did anyone notice a change in eyesight after surgery?  My eyes get blurry more often then they ever did before.  I know having kids took most of my eyesight but it is getting bad again and I am wondering if there is anything I should be doing for it?  I do go see my surgeon on Tuesday and of course that is one question I need answers too.  But I thought i would ask you all first.   Or haha maybe it is my age, gonna be 40 in two weeks and I hear that after 40 your eyes can change.  Damn.  

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  It has been absolutely beautiful here so I think it is time to do some flower pot planting today. Gotta have the house looking nice for my big party.  lol  Thanks everyone for being such great support for me as I need it badly.  Our group has a support program but it is very hard for me to get too and it is only once a month over an hour away.  Plus when I went last time it was a speaker group about sleep apnea which did not concern me in anyway as I never had it.  I just need ppl to talk too.  Hugs,

Donna

beemerbeeper
on 5/20/12 4:37 am - AL
I've heard that with weight loss the shape of your eyes can change which causes a change in vision.  I didn't have this side effect but I only lost around 100 lbs.

~Becky

Granny_Rue
on 5/20/12 6:56 am - LINCOLN, NE
 Hi Donnna,

The change in blood sugar levels can cause changes in the eyes.  The higher the blood sugar, the more liquid there is in the eyeball.  As the blood sugar decreases to normal, the eyeball returns to its proper shape.  A lot of diabetics have fluctuating vision problems due to this.

Maybe that process is part of what you are experiencing.

I know it can be a real irritation.  If my blood sugar gets high, I can barely see to drive.

Thanks for the tip about chronic pain meds and surgery.  I'll keep in in mind for when I (if/when) get mine.

Amy

Sandra C.
on 5/20/12 3:24 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 I had the same vitamin sickness all my life since I was a kid,avoided them. The problem may have been the hard coated pills lingering on a spot irritating the stomach as it disolved. Happens to my husband now with motrin pills.  Try for starters the gummy vitamins. there are one-A-Day brand I used successfully, with added pills of the vitamins it was lacking. I remember using these the first 2-3 months post surgery because I had trouble swallowing pills early out, with esophageal spasms. Next I tried Bariatric Advantage capsul vitamins. They slide right down easily, never make me neauseated, taken with enough liquids, or shakes, or food. Another option I used was to grind up the chewable  flavored bariatric vitamins, mixed with a juice drink. Celebrate ENS vitamin shake mix is a complete vitamin dose easy to drink, cant taste the vitamins.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active