How many of y'all DSERS use Vitalady? Is this the best way to go?

STLfan
on 5/21/12 11:35 pm
Hi Misty, I don't use a special source for vitamins and such because as of this month and for two years now my labs have been fine. I suggest you try what your doctor says at first and see how that works for you. There are many factors to a DS that are different such as Common channel length or even your gender might be a factor as well. Vitalady by all accounts is very trustworthy so if you need certain doses you might go that way. I take two hundred % of daily recommended in multi-vitamin form, plus 1000 mg of cal-citrate and 5000 iu of D3. Along with a 30mg protien shake and regular meals high in protein. Some might claim that their DS surgeon is only a cutter or their nut knows nothing either but do what is right for you and use common sense because it would be expensive to get vitamins in strengths you don't need.
Jeff                    
Misty P.
on 5/22/12 12:39 am - AUSTIN, TX
DS on 07/02/12
 Very true Jeff, didnt think of it that way either. 

Misty
SweetnessandGrace
on 5/22/12 6:42 am - ID
There are enough vets using Vitalady that I feel this is the best choice. They walk the walk and talk the talk. If my labs indicate something is off, then I will adjust accordingly, but right now I follow the plan and I'm 13 months out.
Tammy Bishop
on 6/21/12 7:53 am - Buffalo, MN
I used to buy my supplements from Vitalady but when I learned that I could get them on Amazon with free shipping, I stopped. I save a lot of money now!  Also, Vitalady's plan includes supplements that most DS'ers don't need and could even be dangerous when taken if not needed, according to Dr. Ikrammudin, head of bariatrics at the U of M . I believe that we should only take the supplements that our labs indicate we need. 

Tammy (Bishop) Simmon
Insurance Appeal Advocate
Center for Bariatric Advocacy and Support
DS with Dr. Buchwald
1-13-04  ~ 285 lbs. to 125 lbs.

Most Active