1 Year Out - Bounce Back and Hormones

LK_NC
on 5/16/12 8:38 am
I'm one year out and lost approx 190 lbs.

I was never hungry and did not have a stall during this time.  I also did not have a menstrual period.

This week that changed - menstrual period returned (worst ever!) and I have been hungry all day.  I now know what people mean when they say they have a big tummy day!

I also have rebounded about 8 lbs from my lowest weight.  This may be due to fluid retention from period and eating more in the past week compared to the last month.

Did anyone else have similar symptoms and how can I help move this along.

I still want to lose about 20-30 more pounds (if my body will let me).

Auburnmist
on 5/17/12 4:51 am - TX
 I have not had DS surgery yet. But during my cycle I gain anywhere between 2-7 lbs of fluid. I say, if you were one to retain fluid prior to surgery it's most likely happening now, so not to fret. But if you gained only a couple pounds each cycle and this 8 lbs is not your norm, fight through the cravings and stick to the DS basics. You will be fine. 

Congrats on your weight loss success. 
Lisey
on 5/20/12 2:44 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Your WL window doesn't typically end until 18 - 24 months post-op, so chances are you will lose more, just a lot more slowly.  You actually lost more than usual during your first year post-op, your body probably just needs a break. 

Your intestines can hold an awful lot of crap, so yes, a big food day will make a difference, especially if they're used to not having a lot in them.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active