Anyone on here had their surgery in Mexico?

its-killen-me
on 5/15/12 10:58 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 hello (hola) .  i am going to mexico for ds surgery in june.  i am curious to know if anyone has had their surgery by the same doctor, and how their experince was.  dr. jamie ponce de leon.  i live in canada and have never left the country before, so i am a little nervous (excited too!) thanks  (barb)
tamsyc
on 5/15/12 12:06 pm - Port Aransas, TX
I had mine done in Mexico last year but not by the doctor you mentioned.   Good luck :)
Khedgehog
on 5/15/12 4:18 pm
There is one and only one vetted DS surgeon in Mexico and that is Dr. Gilberto Ungson. Please do some more research before you take this step. For your sake. www.dsfacts.com is a good place to start.
larra
on 5/16/12 1:33 am - bay area, CA
You should be nervous! This doctor is NOT a safe choice. The only surgeons in Mexico that you should consider are Dr. Ungson and Dr. Aceves. Dr. Aceves is presently doing the DS with Dr. Ungson as his assistant to get the DS experience under his belt. Dr. Ungson is very experienced with the DS. Anyone else and it's a crap shoot.

Larra
beemerbeeper
on 5/16/12 5:43 am - AL
The Only Mexican doc you should consider is listed on dsfacts.com. Ungson . Seriously this is life and death. Do not go to anyone else. Also Stewart in Texas has very good self pay rates and like Ungson is a vetted DS Surgeon.

Most Active