DS and aging?

TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/16/12 10:00 am
 I read a post today about WLS's in general causing faster aging? Have any of you experienced that? Does anyone comment that you look older?? Just curious...

DS Surgery Date Scheduled for July!

HW: 277

downsize54
on 5/16/12 11:36 am - MI
DS on 07/12/12
 Well, I'm going to make a guess here, I have not had surgery yet. People frequently are surprised when I tell them how old I am (58). I think the extra fat in my face (and everywhere else) fills out some of the wrinkles that are there. I really expect to look older as I lose weight, a small price to pay for a healthier body.
MajorMom
on 5/16/12 7:50 pm - VA
The first 2 years you will look a bit like a melted candle but after that the weight redistributes and your face will fill out some. I've been told I look younger now. :)

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/17/12 8:25 am
 A melted candle, lol? I have so much to look forward to!

MsBatt
on 5/17/12 12:47 pm
About a year after I had my DS, someone told me I looked ten years younger than I did pre-op. Of course, they might have just been being kind...(*grin*)

But I do think I've aged well, for an old broad.

mylittleblackdress
on 5/20/12 3:09 pm - FL
People generally think I look much younger.  Some of that is good genes, some of that is the weight loss.  With less fat on my body sometimes I think I look older, but that is not what others say (and I don't ask for their opinions, they just volunteer them.)  Given the choice, I'll take being thin any day!!
TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/20/12 9:13 pm
 Thanks all for the contributions!

Most Active