4 year surgiversary

blessedandgrateful
on 5/15/12 7:52 pm - GA
 Its been 4 years to the day since my lap DS.  I can only say I am still blessed and grateful!  I lost 125lbs and I feel great.  I take my vitamins religiously, see Dr. Smith yearly, and live a very normal life. I have no more high blood sugar and my cholesterol levels are the envy of my friends and family!  I can eat just about whatever I want but find that I crave protein naturally- I just feel better after a high protein meal vs. a high carb one.  I am lactose intolerant (but so is my naturally skinny sis so it may be genetic!) but manage to eat cheese and or small amounts of cream/milk with the help of lactaid.  I stay within a 3 pound range.... if I binge on a vacation it just takes a week or so of eating a very high protein diet for me to rocket back to my normal range.  I have yet to get a much needed tummy tuck but am getting close to being willing to take this final step in regaining my pre- weight gain shape.  I love being healthy, having more energy, keeping up with my kids and husband, fitting into clothes and most importantly not feeling invisible when I go out socially.  Getting a DS was the first step in a lifetime committment to a healthy me!  Yes, I am blessed and very, very grateful!
teachmid
on 5/15/12 9:21 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your success.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Miggy
on 5/16/12 2:42 am
DS on 05/03/12
 Congrats!  Love your story!

beemerbeeper
on 5/16/12 5:56 am - AL
WOOT!!!

Lisey
on 5/17/12 11:21 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
That's really awesome!  Congratulations!!!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active