Oh no! Last ditch vacation before DS surgery could be interesting...

TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/14/12 12:36 pm
 I may end up with my surgery date right after I return from vacation. I just put two and two together today and realized I may have a Pre-op diet. Crud, lol. So much for a little fun before surgery! 

Did most of you have a Pre-op diet? If so, what was it? I might be a 'cheap' vacationer watching others enjoy culinary treats, lol!!

DS Surgery Date Scheduled for July!

HW: 277

* Gail R *
on 5/14/12 2:53 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
My surgeon did not require a pre-op diet. Who is your surgeon? Give his office a call and find out. Half the fun of travel is sampling the good foods!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

MajorMom
on 5/14/12 7:20 pm - VA
I didn't have a pre-op diet either but I did a lot of protein shakes just trying them out. When I went on a cruise I even took my protein powder and ordered room service coffee and cream every morning.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 5/15/12 6:19 am - OKC, OK
No pre-op diet here either.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

merrymorris
on 5/15/12 6:30 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I had five days of liquid to shrink the liver. If you binge eat right before the surgery they say it can enarge your liver and make it more likely that you have to have open surgery. With that being said, Many people have been fine without the pre-op diet. It SUCKS and it would have sucked more if I was on vacation.  Maybe just try eating less and not going crazy.
Valerie G.
on 5/15/12 9:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I'd totally enjoy my vacation and push back the surgery so I could diet when I returned.  That's what the normal people do anyway.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/15/12 10:51 am
I'll have to ask when I go for my last NUT appt....they never said anything about it at our group nutritional session, just diet stages after surgery. I'm going to have to already push my surgery date back because I'll be cleared too close to vacation to recover so I'M not pushing it back more. I want it like yesterday, lol! There is lots I can do on vacation besides eat. : D
TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/16/12 10:01 am
I could be wrong but on the website I read only day before liquid diet! Hope that's right, lol!
Most Active