Dr. Gary Anthone in Omaha NE

jmwjskasick
on 5/15/12 4:31 am - Granite City, IL
I am wondering if anyone has had a revision surgery done by Dr. Anthone.

I am a current RNY and am thinking about converting to a DS. I have found one or two Band to DS but have not found any more invasive "recutting" patients and would love to talk to someone.

Thank you.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
teachmid
on 5/15/12 6:17 am - OKC, OK
I had a RNY to DS revision. There are only a couple of surgeons who do this surgery because of it's complexity. Check out DSFacts.com.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

LuckyLibrarian
on 5/15/12 8:37 am - Plumerville, AR
He is my surgeon, and a wonderful man. I am not sure if he does the RNY to DS revision. Call and ask!
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

route66hello
on 5/15/12 11:48 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hi,

I had it done on 3/15/12 by Dr. John Rabkin in San Francisco. He is considered one of the top revision surgeons. I have had a lot of complicated but I had two RNYs previously so it is a little different than your case. But it is 3 months later and I am still on disability leave with no clear end in site. For me the complication is a leak in the stomach.

I responded for two reasons. For folks who are trying to decide between RNY and DS I would have gone with the DS and most likely avoided all these complications. A revision surgery is complex and you want to go to a excellent surgery but do be aware that complications can happen.

Hope this helps. Thanks, Terri
larra
on 5/16/12 8:50 am - bay area, CA
Dr. Anthone has an excellent reputation, but I don't think he does RNY to DS revisions.

Larra
Most Active