Having a really hard time here

merrymorris
on 5/15/12 6:34 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Poor Donna. Did they give you the nausea scripts? Have you tried ginger tea? Or flat ginger ale? That always makes me feel less sick. I've been praying you get better soon!
bubbles6472
on 5/15/12 6:56 am - Perkasie, PA
 Hey Merry...I just went to the health food store and got actual ginger to chew on.  Helped a lil so far.  I thought about flat ginger ale too.  That always worked before surgery.  I did have the nausea scripts but when I was in this last time they said not to use them.  I am only to use the Immodium once I get more then 4 or 5 boughts of diarrhea which thank god is NOT happening.  Just the sickness feeling almost all the time.  I know I have to get the protein in but am having a huge hard time with it, as I gagso much which then just causes me to throw up.  Trying another protein powder I bought also at the health food store.  But man was it expensive.  I can't afford these prices when not working and the bills just get higher and higher.  UGH  wish my insurance covered some of this stuff as I will be back in the hospital otherwise which they do pay for.  Thanks for your concern.  
JazzyOne9254
on 5/16/12 5:46 am, edited 5/16/12 5:51 am
As early out as you are...your cardinal DS rules are:

1) Fluids first

2) Protein next

3) Supplements last.

That said, calcium will help a lot. Find a local health food store that has Liquid Cal-Mag with D ( I get Lifetime brand, but they're almost all the same). Shake well, take a full 2 oz. medicine cup full 4 times daily to start. I'm assuming you were not deficient before your DS.

Please get some medical care personnel that will take you seriously.

Think of your newly configured small intestine as a new baby - babies can't come int the world able to down a steak dinner on day one. It takes time to heal and re-introduce foods. My newly pre-op issue was lactose intolerance to the Nth degree. I was back in the hosptial 72 hours post op, because I'd run all my fluids out. Solution: 100% Whey Protein Isolate. Lactose is processed out of it, so it costs more, but it worked. If it does, you can get a 10# bag of it at Lucky Vitamin online vite & supplement store. It has most of what DSers need, and is budget-friendly.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

neacres100
on 5/16/12 8:20 am - NJ
 I had severe hershey squirts for about a month after surgery.  Almost all water, and sometimes foamy.  Not pretty.  The painful cramps would come on very sudden and I would run to the bathroom. I too was saying "why me?"   What i found that helped me through this was immodium, or pepto and LOTS of fresh brewed ginger tea either hot, warm or ice cold.  I sipped on that all day long.  It helped me a lot.  I also sipped on the sugar free gatorade G2 sometimes.  I know it may be difficult to get your fluids in, but you really have to keep hydrated.  Try setting up 8 shot glasses of fluids, and take a shot every 10 minutes.  Or suck on some sugar free ice pops.  

Just remember, it will get better..... it really does.

Best wishes.

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Most Active