Is this normal?

merrymorris
on 5/13/12 10:04 pm - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Hello, 2 and a half weeks out and just now starting to feel sick in my stomach in the mornings. Does anyone know why it would happen all of a sudden? Also, this might be tmi but in the mornings I go to the bathroom and it is literally just orange grease. Is that normal? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
levittown_loser
on 5/13/12 11:10 pm - Levittown, PA
You are very early out and it's going to take your new routing a while to adapt and settle.    The orange grease is kinda normal for most ... shows your DS is working and malabsorbing that fat.  

This early out you may want to not hit the fats quite as hard to help your system.  

As for this morning sickness feeling ... does it go away once you done your morning bathroom routine?  I sometimes feel crampy until I've "emptied" out :) 

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

merrymorris
on 5/14/12 12:12 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Yeah, things are better when I eat lower fat as far as the grease goes. I am going to try to stick with that for awhile. Glad to hear it is normal, though. As far as the morning sickness goes...I'm not sure what makes me feel better. I feel like eventually it goes away. I;ll try and figure out what makes it feel better. Thanks for your help!
buffalobillsfan
on 5/14/12 12:21 am - CA
Early out I would wake up so hungry that I actually felt sick.  Of course at the same time I had no actual appetite for any food.  I would eat something calming like Dannon low carb vanilla yogurt and take my PPI, go to the bathroom and feel so much better.  Then I could focus on food, liquids and vitamins. 

You will go thru soooooo many stages for the first few months.  Just as soon as you get past one stage something new will come up.  Then it will change again.  It feels overwhelming at first but it will settle and you will live a normal life soon.

Cheers,
Cathy 

galla1
on 5/14/12 1:52 am
 Try sipping water before you get up that worked for me, i kept a water bottle with ice because i found really cold water or crystal light felt the best for me after surgery for a couple months then i went back to room temp...As far as the bathroom issue. Very normal it will get better..

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
zix
on 5/14/12 2:30 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
Are you on an acid reducer? I had to keep my Prilosec on my nightstand so I could take it as soon as I woke up in the morning. Otherwise I would feel nauseated a good part of the morning.
merrymorris
on 5/14/12 7:13 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I am taking pepcid that was prescribed for me. It is a little better after I take it.
Herman
on 5/14/12 10:18 am
 There is a good chance you are having nausea from the acid in your stomach.
You may want to ask the doctor for a script for a different PPI. Sometimes you have to try different ones to get the best result.
Also taking it a while before you eat or drink anything in the morning may help a lot too.

Good Luck
 Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Most Active