Insurance coverage possibilities

aquapeach
on 5/13/12 8:43 am - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13
I was wondering--- anyone familiar with tri care prime- over seas? We are getting stationed in Germany - and thats what I suppose we will have for insurance.  What my question is-- is there another way to go abt getting some other sort of insurance and them paying for the DS?? How would I go about it. I dont work - but need this type of surgery due to other health issues that cannot be remedied by the rny ..
Mumpf
on 5/13/12 2:01 pm - VA
Aquapeach,

Is it Ramstein, Stuttgart or K'town. I  know about Tricare Standard which let  me choose my doctor since I was not near a military base. Closest was Garmisch for me, I had a private Gov insurance and they  paid 80 percent of the costs and Tricare the rest.  But you will be on a military  facility, just by the name, Tricare prime so you would have to see a health provider assigned to you. I do not know if what your status is, civilian or military but  having a DS there will only be possible on the German economy. Two Doctors do this kind of surgery , one in Frankfurt and one in Hanover, Germany. I really suggest you get this taken care of here first since it is more complicated overseas. After 30 years In Germany, I can tell youany German Doctor's visit is money up front and then collect afterwards from Tricare. It's like that here too. Please, please, call the TRICARE overseas office, located in Wisconsin I think, and talk to them and they will tell you what you can do and what you can't do Look them up on the Internet, call them, and then make you decision. I'm a gov employee and my command usually does not send people overseas if they have a real  medical problem.

Lots of luck and keep me posted,
Vic
aquapeach
on 5/13/12 10:18 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13
Thanks Vic,
 Well right now we have tri care prime. We are being stationed in Vilseck Germany. This is only our 2nd duty station-so Army life is still rather new to me.  My husband is the one- Active Duty ARMY. Im a stay at home mom- right now. ( I just assumed it would transfer to tri care prime- overseas) (really I have no idea how this all works.) Thanks for the info. I will try giving Tri Care another call today. Will post if any changes happen. Thanks again for the info-- all of this at times seems so clear and then it seems all confusing at other times.
Valerie G.
on 5/15/12 9:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I don't know how it differs overseas, but I know that Tricare doesn't cover the DS here in the states.  The alternative is to find a military hospital that has a DS surgeon in it.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

aquapeach
on 5/15/12 11:36 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13
So does that mean I still have to pay on the MTF?? Im rather new to Army life and dont live on post - so most of my info is either on here- online or calling places.. thanks for any info

Most Active