I'm worried

merrymorris
on 5/8/12 8:45 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I am less than two weeks out and I feel like I can eat a large-ish amount of food compared to most people. I can eat often and feel real hunger pains. I just ate the pureed turkey and gravy from a lean cuisine meal. The entire meat portion. This scares me because I feel like I shouldn't be eating this much. I don't feel overly full. I mean, I feel full but not painfully so. I am so scared I won't lose weight.Also, I'm wondering if it is ok to actually puree meat. I heard others doing it but I'm just nervous. I seem to be doing fine except that one piece of meat yesterday had too much fat and it affected my bowels. Anyway, I just hope that I don't mess this up.
MajorMom
on 5/8/12 8:53 am - VA
It's ok. There is a learning curve and the DS is very forgiving. What I was eating was Wendy's chili and shrimp ****tail at this point. They considered them soft foods. Try eating from very small plates and bowls, or measure your food to make sure you aren't over doing it. Give it time, you may get a full signal like a runny nose or sneezing. It's crazy but it happens. Hang in there. :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

merrymorris
on 5/8/12 8:57 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Thank you!! I feel like my body wants this stuff and it is fine with it but I'm supposed to be on pureed. I guess I am just worried I'm going to either bust something or not lose weight.
MajorMom
on 5/8/12 9:02 am - VA
Give them a try just chew real well and go slow.    

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

highlyblessed1
on 5/8/12 11:37 am - AL
DS on 04/16/12
Try eating slower and with toddler utensils. If you eat slower perhaps you will notice the full signals your body gives you. I'm 3 weeks out and my cue that I'm full or ate too fast is I start to hiccup. I haven't been hungry though, I eat maybe once a day and no more than 2-3 ounces of food at one time which usually consist of Greek yogurt, refried beans, one scrambled egg OR oatmeal with added protein powder. Those are the only foods that agree with me for now. My desire for food has vanished but I'm sure it will return in time. 

I think you will be fine. Just don't ru**** you have the rest of our life to eat all kinds of foods.
Valerie G.
on 5/8/12 11:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Pureed stuff and liquids go in and out much easier, enabling you to consume more.  This is good right now because you need the nourishment.  Trust me, the meat in a Lean Cuisine is probably a whole 2-3 oz.  Instead, try a regular piece of turkey and I assure you that you'll eat MUCH less.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

kathy215
on 5/9/12 5:45 am
Hi Merry.

I agree what others said. The nutrition in the meat portion of the lean cuisine is really nothing.. It's normal to have days where you feel hungrier than others.  YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. I think we all thought he same thing when we had our surgeries.  You will get past this phase and it will be all a blur. I am 15 months post op this month ( I can't believe it, Time went so fast). I started at 356 and I am down to 176 right now.  WOW.   I also had my surgery done at AMH by Dr. Bonanni, the BEST Dr.   If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Kathy
merrymorris
on 5/9/12 6:00 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Dr. Bonanni came to inspect me while I was in the hospital! He seemed like a good Doctor.
kathy215
on 5/9/12 6:49 am
He is the BOMB !!! Great beside manner, Very caring and compassionate and very very knowledeable
Most Active