2 weeks out yesterday

bubbles6472
on 5/8/12 12:58 am - Perkasie, PA
 Good Morning....2 weeks out heading into week 3 and I feel worse then I did last week. The gas is outta control today.  I am assuming it is the old saying 3 steps forward 2 back kinda thing.  But my question is how soon did you feel like yourself again?  I am bored to death sitting around, never was me.  But yet I don't have enough energy or the desire to do anything that is on my "to do" list around the house, yet I am not too tired to sleep either.  Just plain nerve racking, can only spend so much time on the computer.  lol  I am even too scared to drive but I really don't have a choice as my support person (my mom) HAD to get back to work and I am all alone now.  I hate this feeling.  Thanks for any advice you care to share.  

zix
on 5/8/12 4:56 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
By about 4 weeks out I was feeling pretty much ok about 90% of the time but still had no energy. It was a chore to wash my hair. By 6 weeks out I was feeling great.
merrymorris
on 5/8/12 5:21 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
 sorry you feel worse!! That must be discouraging to you. I wish I had something encouraging to say but you know that I am a few days behind you so I don't know when it gets better.
Lisa A.
on 5/8/12 5:25 am, edited 5/8/12 5:26 am - Windsor, NY
I really didn't have any gas issues. Did you have open or lap? I didn't feel like myself for about 6 months. I went back to work after 3 weeks so I was on the go but I just felt yucky and was sick for about  6 months.

You are probably like me and used to being on the go. I also don't require alot of sleep so I was going stir crazy around the house. When can you go back to work or school? Not sure what you do. Mine was open and my doctor wanted me back to work and I know why - to keep yourself going and do not dwell on how bad you feel at home.

ginany
on 5/8/12 7:17 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Im jusst 2 weeks out and I feel great.  I was terrified to drive, but I did it today. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Valerie G.
on 5/8/12 11:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Did you drink any milk today?  That gives me gas in a flash.  It took 5-6 weeks before I started feeling like myself again.  I was very listless, but not very sleepy either, and bored.  A friend brought me yarn and needles and taught me how to knit, and it really helped.  As long as you're off pain meds and feel physically able, it's okay to drive.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

volante
on 5/8/12 11:57 am - GA
By week 4, I was able to muster up enough energy to go back to work, but I didn't start to feel good until week 6.  Give it more time.  Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.

Joy

J G.
on 5/8/12 4:25 pm
sorry hon, you just had major sugery, it's just going to take a few months till you feel better. Are you taking probiotics? Test to see if you are lactose intolerant and then test for gluten sensitivity. Check ingredient list for any sugar alcohols...
bubbles6472
on 5/8/12 10:58 pm - Perkasie, PA
 Thanks so much everyone for giving me hope that this feeling is going to end!  I wake up every morning witht he feeling of having to throw up and today I actually did a lil bit, as nothing was in my sleeve except post nasal drip which I have had all my life, but am guessing my new stomache REALLY hates!  I just gotta hope over time it realizes it isn't going anywhere and will figure out a way to deal with it, I can't possibly see myself getting ready for work throwing up every morning.  Luckily I don't have a date I have to go back but the sooner the better money wise, altho I have to find a new job because I got laid off right b4 I had the surgery.  I am a nanny and for that reason I can't work for 6 weeks because I can't lift over 10lbs.  And we all know kids grow quick and weight more then 10lbs.  lol I just can't believe I felt so much better last week and now this week is not as well.  I will try driving today, just to the kids school to drop something off this morning for teacher appreciation day.  And my mom will be going with me so that is good.  I had to have my 16 yr old drive us last night to the store as he has his permit.  I haven't driven with him for at least 3 weeks and boy did that have me going.  lol  So is sugar alcohol bad? My mom and I don't understand that when it is listed.  I don't drink straight milk but it is in things like cheese and that is about all the portein I am getting right now, Can't bare to even try another protein shake right now cause I feel so bad.  Very lil chooses I have cause everything looks disgusting.  Guess that is why the weight is coming offso quickly as I am not eating hardly anything.  Even when I do get something in it is about a tablespoon.  It is such a crazy road to figure all this out.  Thanks again for the support, knowing most of you felt like 6 weeks is the magic number.  

Amy R.
on 5/10/12 1:09 pm - camp hill, PA

We had surgery the same day...and but I had RnY.  I'm doing ok...been driving for a week or so (since off pain meds).  The more I walk the better I feel...with all the rain here I've gone to the mall and just window shopped to walk.  I also drink a bottle of IsoPure a day (40 grms of protein w 160 calories).  Its clear and not milky...so I sip it all day and think the protein is really helping.  I work from home and have been back to work for a week also....but find I am bored in the evenings.  I take a nap at lunch (since lunch takes only minutes right now) and do find that I am easily tired.  I'm still on pureed stuff...so maybe you've moved on to solids too quick (cheese you mentioned) and need to go back to some yogurts for a bit?
I've heard that alot of folks do become lactose intolerant after surgery....and I do get some gastric distress from sugar alcohols.  So read your labels!
I hope you feel better soon...

Most Active