Another step down: One day closer!

TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/7/12 10:19 am
I had my next to last medical appt before scheduling with the surgeon this past week.

I didn't think it was possible but my 2nd nutritionist appointment went great, despite my fears. She even said one more and I'd be released to my surgeon, the bare minimum. Yeah....I'm shocked!

Only cruddy part is that I'm probably going to be cleared for surgery before I can have it due to an already planned vacation and my work schedule. It would be nice to have it a month earlier than planned to just get on with this life but not worth wasting a vacation. Could be worse I guess!   

Funny thing with my NUT...she made me defend the DS but was kind. She did admit that there was some truth to the insulin debate and the reason behind weight regain with the DS but did say she felt it was really due to behavioral habits patients re-pick up. It felt like 2 people respecting each other though, which was great. 

Still hoping a miracle occurs and I'm able to have surgery BEFORE vacation, and still have adequate time to recoup before I'd have to go but NOW I'm dreaming! :  )

DS Surgery Date Scheduled for July!

HW: 277

Most Active