Hmm, what's with all the conflicting advice?

JazzyOne9254
on 5/9/12 10:37 am, edited 5/8/12 10:38 pm

If the fried food was coated in anything, like white flour, battter made with white flour, the yummy cormeal and white flour coating on fried shrimp, it was likely the simple carbs that made your DS unhappy.

Some say the deep frying negates the gassy simple carb effect, but fried foods, unless whole wheat flour or plain yellow cornmeal are used for coating really gives me gas trouble.

I usually don't eat crispy or original KFC, or any fast food chicken for that reason, unless I'm caught out without a food bag packed. If I'm going somewhere for a social function that might include fried foods, I take Devrom ahead of time, in case something "slips"

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

mellysarah03
on 5/10/12 12:16 am - Fort Myers, FL
My problem with fried foods wasnt gas. Breaded or not, early on I got the slicks. No longer a problem though.

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

RosieHawk
on 5/10/12 7:04 am, edited 5/10/12 7:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
New postops will not be eating what many of us farther out are eating. It took me FOREVER to be able to eat a whole darn chicken leg without pacing the kitchen for an hour while eating it LOL nevermind being able to eat that 2 wks postop LOL! Remember everyone's stomach is different postop and to a certain degree unfortunatley it's trial and error with food for quite some time BUT the one rule we all say IS FOLLOW YOUR INITIAL POSTOP FOOD PLAN! Don't screw your surgery before you've truly gotten out of the gate!!!!!

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

Most Active