2 year 8 month update =)

Candace Sparkles
on 5/4/12 3:06 pm, edited 5/5/12 8:13 am

Hello all,

I'm not really an active member of this board anymore, but I used to LOVE reading updates while I was going through my process so I thought I'd put mine out there too. I had the DS Sept 23rd 2009 by Dr. Inman in Indianapolis. I love her. I have had nothing but great results. I started at 291 (5'4) and I am holding steady at 115. I originally wanted the surgery because, other than being miserable, my husband and I wanted a baby more than anything and it just wasn't happening. Nothing technically wrong, but was told time and time again to lose weight and it would help my chances. Ummmm I couldn't lose weight because the second I'd go on a diet I'd dream about food and wake up the next day starving, finally give in, and eat way more than I would have not on a diet! I could lose weight when dieting, but I couldn't stick to a diet. I thought I was a failure and all of that jazz, but I just hadn't found this surgery yet. I don't have to eat low carb, diet, or anything. I eat what I want and my weight maintains itself. So I had the surgery September 2009, lost all of my weight pretty quickly and was given the go ahead to try to conceive by my dr and was pregnant Dec. 2010. He is the best thing in the universe and I could not be more grateful for him, and this surgery. I wouldn't have him without this surgery, that's for sure. I now have confidence like I never had. I have zero problems getting up and down from the floor a million times a day with the baby and before my surgery I literally had problems walking from my car to the store, forget shopping while in the store. This surgery has been like a miracle to me, and I am so so thankful. I honestly do feel like a different person, but in a good way. I feel like I'm me now, I don't have to constantly be insecure about the way I look, now it's just me. Oh and just fyi I go to the bathroom once a day, don't have any vitamin deficiencies and have not had one single surgery related complication. Well I had kidney stones, but eh overall not too bad and totally worth it.

editted to add sizing. I was wearing a 26/28 or the largest size I could find in the store and a 3x top. I now wear a size 2 or 4 depending on brand and a size small for shirts.  =)

My DS

100% EWL achieved!

sw 291/cw 134/gw 145 (Resetting goal to 135!) (resetting yet again to 120!)

BRENDALOU
on 5/4/12 4:49 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12
you look great. your son is very handsome. i am waiting for my DS. i am going through all the pre-op stuff. i hope it will be july or aug. thanks for you story very encouraging
rcarper1965
on 5/4/12 5:58 pm - OH
 You look great and that baby boy is woderful.  There is nothing like having the love for a child.  I have been obese ever since I went on disability back in 2003.  I am in the process to get approved.  I have Bipolar, Depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and few other health issues.  I am on the fence of having the bypss or the DS.  My heart is leaning towards the DS.  I am 5'8" and weight about 331.  My BMI is 50.  I was worried about the raised possible risks with the DS but since then see that the outcome outweigh the risks.  I think it will all be up to what my surgeon says on the 16th when I see him.  Congradulations with your success and the baby.  You have gave me inspiration and helped me see light at the end of the tunnel.  
lololo25
on 5/4/12 7:28 pm
 Amazing! Such a success 
Huneypie
on 5/4/12 7:42 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Wow you're gorgeous and the baby's cute too!!
teachmid
on 5/4/12 9:56 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your regained lIfe! Great pictures!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

NoMore B.
on 5/4/12 10:06 pm
 Hi,
I remember you very well!

Nice to see you post, and congratulations.  You were always very pretty, and now you are stunning.  And so tiny!

Congrats on your beautiful baby, as well
Kerry J.
on 5/4/12 10:24 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Congratulations Cadice; that is just wonderful! Nothing quite like a baby to get your priorities in order.

Like you, I don't post or come here these days, but was pretty regular a couple of years ago. I agree with your assesment about just being you now too, I think many of us felt trapped inside our obese bodies. 

Kerry
sassyjonz
on 5/4/12 11:49 pm - Atlanta, GA
Congratulations! You look wonderful and so happy with your baby and husband.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

Lisa A.
on 5/5/12 7:20 am - Canada
DS on 09/21/12
thank you for sharing your inspiring story!  What a beautiful family the three of you make :)
Lisa
St.Joes Hamilton- Dr. Hong- Duodenal Switch (DS)
ref-Aug /11                       ultrasound-March/12            internist- April/12
info sess-Jan/12                soc worker-March/12             surgeon app. May/12
nurse & dietician-Feb/12     scope- March/12                 surgery- Sept 21/12
Most Active