liquid diet hell pre surgery 5-9-12

Gelly2008
on 5/5/12 3:57 am
I'm starving and feel like giving up. I just want to eat a little, but feel like it would ruin my surgery. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. No energy. Is this normal? I'm scared.

southernlady5464
on 5/5/12 5:40 am
You only have a few days and a wakeup...do something to keep your mind OFF food.

Also drink protein shakes, helps with the energy AND healing.

Liz
(Who had jaw surgery 6 weeks ago and has been on a liquid/soft food diet since)

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

merrymorris
on 5/5/12 11:56 pm - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Yeah, it sucks, bad. Have you been eating soup and sugar free pudding and stuff? The last day I was on it I had to have to clam chowder. I mushed up the potatoes and it was heavenly. It gets a lot easier after surgery. I promise.
Gelly2008
on 5/6/12 5:30 am
Yes, I am drinking soup, very little protein shakes, but homemade smoothies. I did take a few bites here & there. No meat or anything I couldn't mush in my mouth.  Like my cousin said, my balls are hungry. LOL! I've had the Rouyen Y (2005) and it was no joke. I'm getting a revision to DS. I remember the pain of waking up like it was yesterday. The pain went away when I walked, but going through it was rough. Thanks for your support.
merrymorris
on 5/6/12 6:24 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Oh wow, so you are no newbie to the pain of the surgery. The way I feel about the liquid diet and right after surgery is...do what you can.There is only so much stress and change I can take at once so I really have to do things well, the best I can. Not always the picture of perfection but, I'm doing my dangest. That is really all I can ask of myself.
preachermomma37
on 5/6/12 10:00 am - TN
I am with you on the preop liquid. My dr. requires 5 days of liquid only, the last two are clear only. So I started last week replacing one meal a day with liquid protein. Started yesterday with 2 meals a day replaced and go full on this Thursday. What day is your surgery? Mine is the 15th. My husband has join me on the liquid portion for support and to lose a few himself. That helps tremendously. PM me and we (my husband & I) will support you.
Most Active