BeLiteWeight, anyone?

bethypoo
on 5/3/12 1:09 pm - Canada
 I was checking into this company and they claim they do DS, however I have not seen one review on them for it. Has anyone every heard of it? They are located in Mexico and if I remember correctly, Dr Ungson is the only surgeon down there doing the DS. I think I am going to have to be a self pay as I from Canada and unfortunately I am 99% sure that my province won't cover it, but hey, they will cover the 5 heart attacks I might have down the road, makes no sense. Anyway, sorry for the rant, getting back to what I was saying, I have a budget and recently found an awesome surgeon until I heard he charged $35k, I was so crushed. 

So just looking for other alternatives right now,  the DS still seems like the best option for me and that is really what I want but I guess we will have to wait and see how everything works out.

Any words of wisdom or thoughts on the above place would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and the advice.
lololo25
on 5/3/12 5:22 pm
 I have heard of them but don't know how crediable they are.   Dr. Ungson gets many good reviews and you could work directly with his office instead of using a third party like Belite.  There are many happy DS Ungson patients that could tell you more.  He is the only surgeon in Mexico for DS that is recommended on here. I went to Brazil for my VSG to DS revision just a month ago and I had a good, complication free, experience that I am very greatful for.  I also was self pay and would not have been able to afford it in the US or Canada.  Good Luck!
MajorMom
on 5/3/12 6:47 pm - VA
I would only consider Ungson in Mex or Marchesini in Brazil. Have you taken a look at dsfacts.com? There is a list of vetted DS surgeons there.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

bethypoo
on 5/4/12 10:50 pm - Canada
 I have checked out dsfacts.com, it is a great site. I just happened to come across this beliteweight so I thought I would ask.

Since I have been in contact with them, it is definitely not a place I would want to go. From the sounds of it, they have only ever done one DS procedure and even then the rep, Sylvia said it was a very drastic procedure and usually not a first choice for patients. I replied to her that it is not a first choice because people are so mis-informed about it and I feel it is the best option for me.

I was so excited to find Dr. Rabkin however once I found out how much his self pay cost is, I cried and moved on to find another surgeon.

Anyway, thanks for all the imput!
Most Active