Finally!!!!!

sosoclark
on 5/2/12 2:38 am - Sacramento, CA
Ok, so last week I was having a major melt down about the DS and how we should be eating. In support of my daughter I started dieting with her and of course forgot that I have a DS. I started to gain weight so fast it was scaring me. So I came on here and got the help I needed to get the rest of this weight off of me. Protein matter people!!!! Do you hear me???? PROTIEN MATTER!!! When in doubt shove a protein shake down your throat and watch it work. So over the weekend I ate like a pig… do you hear me I ate four hotlinks, one hamburger, all meat omelet with lots of cheese, ½ a rack of ribs and some popcorn. I got up the next day and was down 4 pounds. So I said well maybe I really do have to eat to lose???? Ya think??? The next day I had did the same thing and grabbed anything and everything that was protein related and shoved it down my throat. Well this morning I was down another 4 pounds and back where I started before that diet thinking jumped into my mind. Understand that we have to eat with this tool and old behaviors are hard to break. I guess in the back of my mind I was thinking that this wasn’t working for me and it wasn’t because I wasn’t eating!!! I am so glad I have woke up and I think I just might make my goal… So to everyone out there have a pound of bacon and a smile the wait will be worth the weight loss.   Sophia

Nicolle
on 5/2/12 7:05 am
Good for you! Congrats.

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

sosoclark
on 5/2/12 1:13 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Thank you didn't really understand everything until now...

MajorMom
on 5/2/12 7:07 am - VA
  Gotta love it!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

sosoclark
on 5/2/12 1:14 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Sometimes it feels like I eat way to much to lose weight... and the kinds of foods I can eat now will pack the weight on normies!!! I love my DS. 

zuzupetals2u2
on 5/2/12 8:06 am - Sedona, AZ
 yup that is the trick! Bon appetit!  lol
sosoclark
on 5/2/12 1:16 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Thank you and for sure you were right!!!! as i wipe bacon grease from my mouth  

teachmid
on 5/2/12 9:04 am - OKC, OK
Great post, Sophia. I find that "diet" mentality creeping In sometimes.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sosoclark
on 5/2/12 1:17 pm - Sacramento, CA
 I really don't get it either but I guess dieting for so many years it takes time to recondition ones thinking. 

Crazeru
on 5/2/12 11:25 am
I'm ready to go back to the Golden Corral... lots of wonderful, yummy protein their.  I totally skip the salad bar.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active