Long time**Enjoying life**Plastics

Joe_C
on 5/3/12 4:00 am
Well, I have been down to a comfortable weight for a couple of years now and it has been great.  I had a plastic surgeon submit for approval and was denied.  I did several appeals and went as far as the Attorney General.  In a response back from Blue Cross to the Attorney General they said the decision was upheld but I could submit for different procedures.  So I got to thinking and all my appeals were in response to procedures that were concidered cosmetic.  So I revised the surgeon's letter and noted CPT codes and procedures that Blue Cross covered and in less than 2 weeks I have been approved for all my plastics.  Upper arms, chest, Panny, and upper thighs. So if you submit for approval, make sure the surgeon is requesting the right procedures.

>>>Approved!!! Surgery 10-19-09<<<
              Starting an improved new me

Nicolle
on 5/3/12 6:00 am
Great news for you! Definitely, everyone, talk "reconstructive" versus "cosemetic" and talk about the pain and issues your extra skin have given you. Document everything with your doctor as you go along.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

determineddanni
on 5/3/12 10:27 am
what a great feeling! congrats!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

zuzupetals2u2
on 5/3/12 10:31 am - Sedona, AZ
 would be great if plastic surgeons knew how to do this & could get us covered now- so many don't even want to do insurance anymore.
amccu18007
on 5/4/12 4:37 am - Newark, DE
That is wonderful! Congrats to you.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

PlumFaerie
on 5/9/12 8:43 am
you know thats what i had heard, document with your doctor about the pain or sores or rashes or what have you that excess skin cause and you can get approved for plastics as reconstructive. you better believe im doing that lol
Most Active