Hello, not a DS'er but have a question on Stephanie

Cheryl N.
on 5/2/12 12:40 am - Des Moines, WA
Hi.  I remember a gal named Stephanie that passed away from having revision from band to DS.  There weren't much info at first, so I am checking back to see if anyone have had new updates that I haven't kept up with.

So do you know what happened, what caused this?  

That really sucked that it had to happen, it shouldn't have happened at all.

Thanks in advance.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Amy W.
on 5/2/12 7:53 am, edited 5/2/12 7:53 am - Buckeye, AZ
I'm not sure about who Stephanie is (or what happened to her) but I remember hearing that many deaths occur on the operating table because of the patients weight. It doesn't matter the surgery procedure, but just when any morbidly obese person is going under anesthesia they have a greater risk of death.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

amccu18007
on 5/2/12 9:26 am - Newark, DE
If it is the girl that I am thinking about, I think that it was due to her having an inexperienced doctor. Her original doctor skipped out on her and the other surgeon went ahead with the surgery even though he had ZERO experience. Very sad
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Herman
on 5/2/12 11:09 am
 Cheryl, someone at the proboard may know more.
For some reason I keep thinking that he (surgeon) was being sued and that's the reason why nothing more was being said. But I could be wrong.
 Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
zuzupetals2u2
on 5/2/12 5:05 pm - Sedona, AZ
 I think I did hear some chatter about what had happened months later after the silence of a pending lawsuit but I think Vanishing Mom was the one who was close to her and might know and she is usually on wls/proboards or facebook OH family group under another name- last name Fraschilla or something similar. I will do some checking too as I am curious . . . 

She was Stephanie O in Az as her username here.
mrsnate
on 5/8/12 3:54 pm
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I was devastated when I heard about Stephanie.  From what I remember Dr. Husted was supposed to do her surgery, but cancelled last minute when he moved.  She ended up going to a much less experienced (at DS anyway) surgeon.  Such a sad story for such a sweet girl.
~Rebecca
Mother to 4, married to a wonderful man, trying to find myself again.    
Most Active