8hr surgery!!!!!!

BDK1224
on 4/29/12 3:54 am - IL
8hr DS with a virgin belly.  Surgeon also put some stitches to hold back an umbilical hernia.  Liver was HUGE and FATTY.  went in last Tues and was home Thurs.  I totally underestimated the DS experience!  Its a huge surgery, lots of pain, lots of recovery.  My only real complaint is that im so thirsty I want to suck dow three biottles of water CONSTANTLY, and I cant!  I am pooped, and really short of breath.  I can only make it a half block before I have to walk back home.
Valerie G.
on 4/29/12 4:30 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 All perfectly normal.  Drink all you can, all of the time, and don't push yourself too hard.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Jolly Rancher
on 4/29/12 5:19 am
It is a bear right after surgery. Sounds like you are right on track. Keep sipping tha****er, and if you feel dehydrated AT ALL, run to the ER for a bag of fluids. It really helps with so many other things also.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
missdivatete
on 4/29/12 5:47 am - TX
congrats on making it through victorious I have my ds coming wed the 2nd and am praying for good things
BDK1224
on 4/29/12 6:55 am - IL
what is the signs of dehydration?
BDK1224
on 4/29/12 6:57 am - IL
Thanks Misdivatete,

Good luck girl.  like i said i underestimated to whole thing BIG TIME.  This thing is kicking my ass.  hopefully your surgery is only 3.5 hrs.  Let me know
zuzupetals2u2
on 5/1/12 5:22 am - Sedona, AZ
we are all different- I had no pain after the surgery and a very easy recovery and mine was a revision.
Most Active