Help!!!!

sosoclark
on 4/27/12 4:50 am - Sacramento, CA
Hi everyone, Well, I haven’t been on here in a long time and now have some questions regarding weight loss. I had the DS about 16 months ago and was losing pretty well. I decided to start track the food I was eating and start exercising to make sure I obtain the maximum benefits of the DS. The strange thing for me is when I am watching what I eat I gain weight. When I just eat like a normal person I lose weight. Now when I say normal I mean drinking at least 60 grams protein per day and then just keep it low carb the rest of the day. For the past week I have been eating a lot of veggies and lean chicken or beef some cheese and very few nuts however no protein shakes and I have gained 6 pounds. Not sure why this is happening and I still haven’t made it to goal as of yet. I am currently making a phone appointment with Dr. K to see if we can figure this out but who knows. Is there anyone out there that noticed if you go to low carb you don’t lose or if you don’t eat enough you stop losing?? I really need help…   Sophia

MARTINA P.
on 4/27/12 6:34 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Sophia,

I experience this as well.  I will tell you that with DS you lose weight by high protein and having fat in diet because it washes away fat.  I know that everybody body is diff rent so listen to your body.

MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

sosoclark
on 4/27/12 9:18 am - Sacramento, CA

Thank you!!! I just felt funny I guess because everyone else around me is not eating and I am eating all day. I thought if i stop eating all day i would lose some weight. Anyway I guess I will go back to the way I was eating.

Sophia

Rhaynefall
on 4/27/12 8:20 am - Clarksville, IN
You definitely need to eat enough.  I've lost 245lbs and I eat ALL day long.  Piece of cheese there, handful of nuts here, stand at the fridge and inhale some lunch meat over yonder...

If eating 'like a normal person' is working for ya, why change it?  :) 
sosoclark
on 4/27/12 9:22 am - Sacramento, CA
I guess because of the people that are normal they look at me strange. Why are you eating like that??? LOL. I think I am going to go eat some bacon.

Sophia

Rhaynefall
on 4/27/12 11:08 am - Clarksville, IN
Oh yes.  I get wicked strange looks all day.  Yes, I DO want whole milk in my iced coffee, thankyouverymuch.  It's a source of amusement for me now... 
Nicolle
on 4/27/12 10:14 pm
Well, look who's back! Welcome back. I am here on occasion--the moderation here get out of control a few months ago--apparently the RNY and bandsters went berserk!

Lost 245 pounds? Awesome!!!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Rhaynefall
on 4/28/12 2:50 am - Clarksville, IN
Bwaaahhaahaaa... I am like a bad penny, doncha know? 

And thank ya, thank ya.  You'd not recognize me in a million years.  I talk to EVERYONE in my path, I have a green streak in my hair (adding pink soon, bought the dye yesterday), have had fling after fling with various hot guys and am now living in my own apartment, all alone while falling madly in love with a man I probably shouldn't. 

Drew, the hopefully very soon to be finalized ex-husband, got fat. 

I got a hot guy in a bookstore giving me his phone number.

I think I won that round...
missdivatete
on 4/29/12 4:31 am - TX
omg 245 that is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL I GET MINE ON WED AND I HOPING FOR THE BEST
Jolly Rancher
on 4/29/12 5:16 am
Good luck. You will do great!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Most Active