Weight fluctuations and other minor issues

Sarahdarah
on 4/25/12 7:22 am - wakefield, United Kingdom
I had a RNY about 7 years ago which did sweet FA but after a revision to DS coming up to 2 years ago i've lost nearly 12st. Or depending on which day of the week i get weighed i've only lost 10st.

i swell up particuarly bloating around my stomach and fluid on my lower half. Obviously bread,pasta, rice all make me feel bloated and heavy but isn't this excessive?
I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, i've had some bloodwork done. My Albumin is low (27) and to that end i have increased protein consumption and concsiously think of it in every meal, no shakes or bars though and my legs feel a little heavy atm but not as much as they used to or still do after 12hr night shifts.
 Another problem is that i am bruising periodically with no explanation, the first time i noticed them they were massive black bruises while on holiday in the dominican republic. I've been to the GP and i've had bloodwork done three times thus far, it definitly isn't leukemia, my h.b is a little low only 11 and my clotting time is slightly slower than normal but my white cell count is fine.
Has anybody experienced this? is it caused by a specific nutritional deficiency? i'm awaiting to see a haematologist but thought i'd ask the experts beforehand! any reply is so much appreciated, Sarah x x x
Valerie G.
on 4/25/12 9:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
White carbs making you feel bloated and later gassy is extremely normal and not excessive at all.  The bruising makes me think of low K.  Are you taking extra K in the dry formulation?  You should, along with A, E, and D as well.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sarahdarah
on 4/25/12 11:45 pm - wakefield, United Kingdom
 Of course i should have thought of that, patients on warfarin are banned from vit k,ill check how much is in my multi vit and see about a more detailed bloodwork thank you very much x x
Most Active