I'm really confused now. More than usual!!

zix
on 4/20/12 1:26 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
I would ask who he did his DS training with. For example, my Dr spent 6 months with the Rabkins in SF, learning their DS techniques. He uses the Hess methodology for common channel length. Although I am no Dr, to dismiss the DS as 'no more complex than the RNY' seems a bit cavalier to me.
WeightNoMoreSherri
on 4/29/12 2:00 pm - St George, UT
 Great Surgery, Great Surgeons, the Rabkins!

~ Peace, Sherri

Sherri ~ BPD/DS ~ Dr. Robert Rabkin ~ San Francisco ~
                 March 15th, 1999 SW 332 CW 123
MARTINA P.
on 4/20/12 8:03 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I am going to be honest I recommend you asking him if he could set up a meeting for you with one of his DS patients that is willing to share and I would pray.  Let me be the first to tell you just because a doctor is vetted do not mean that you will not have complications or things that just happen.  I used a vetted surgeon but had a hard battle with complications.  So pray about it and know that every experience is unique and some times it just have to do with a persons body.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

beemerbeeper
on 4/21/12 4:35 am - AL
Your post screams SECOND OPINION.  It is very well known in these parts that folks go in for a DS and come out with something else with a boat load of "reasons" why the DS couldn't be done.

I would want to talk to his DS patients.

I would NEVER want a 150 cc common channel.  I wish my 100 was shorter because fighting regain is a *****

~Becky

zuzupetals2u2
on 4/21/12 8:19 am - Sedona, AZ
 click on that link and it goes to a thread about Dr Schlessinger. There is a doctor in Flagstaff that someone here used that is somewhat new. Some have used Juarez in Phoenix too tho he is new at the DS and had a fatality last summer so I wouldn't want to got to him either! The one in Flag was used by anewmii or something like that in AZ if you can find her and talk to her. She is doing very well last I saw.

I would follow the vets advice tho and stick to the vetted list and probably go into CA and use Dr Keshishian to be safe. I had Dr Husted when he was here in AZ briefly in 2010 and I did well but I know he travelled around a lot and didn't expect him there for my follow up.

Nicolle
on 4/24/12 6:12 am
FYI--the amazing Dr. Rabkin will be in Arizona on Sunday!

Topic: Live in Arizona and want to learn more about the DS? This post's for you!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

lauriv
on 4/25/12 5:44 am

Nicole,

I was wondering..is Dr Rabkin planning on Doing Ds's here in Az or is her just drumming up business for people to travel to him? 

~ Lauri

Most Active