Making progress... refuse to give up!

ajrober2
on 4/18/12 2:20 am, edited 4/18/12 4:11 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
Hi all,

First I want to say THANK YOU! to everyone who post. Especially to those who post pics and tips. It helps to keep me encouraged and eases my DS obsession a little.

So far I'm still kinda "going at it" with my insurance company. I had my EGD (all looks good). I see a dietician this Friday, and go for my psych exam next Monday. So I'm making progress!

Did anyone obsess before your operation like I am? Although I'm very busy at work and church, DS is all I can think about. I've been having dreams about it for the past two weeks. Two nights ago I had a dream that I was slim, and I was showing some people the pants I "use to wear", and they were in awe. Last night I dreamed that I was being prep'ed for surgery.

In my down time, I've been trying to read non-weight loss material, but I can't get DS out of my head. If this means I'm nuts, I gotta get a handle on this before Monday. HA!

abe
merrymorris
on 4/18/12 3:43 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Hi Abe,

Brother, you are NOT alone. I have my surgery next week and I have been obsessing since I started the process back in October. I think it is completely normal. We want something so badly and are just hoping and praying it happens and feel like it is taking forever. But once it is just around the corner it gets pretty intense. It is a dream come true but a huge change in our lives.

It'll happen. The time really does fly by even though it may not feel like it right now.

ajrober2
on 4/18/12 4:14 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
Thank you MerryMorris,

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery! 

It will definitely be a dream come true for me.
BDK1224
on 4/18/12 5:12 am - IL
You are NOT alone at all.  My surgery is next week as well on the 24th.  I find it impossible to sit here at work and get anything done.  Ive had DS on the brain for about a year now.  I have had dreams where I was able to go on long walks with my babies and get on the ground and play with them.  Well, just under a week left and soon that will happen, hopefully.  KEEP DREAMIN!!!  It has kept me going!

Good luck, God Bless
ajrober2
on 4/18/12 6:45 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
Thank you!!!!  I hope all goes well for you.  I can't wait until I can say "my surgery is next week".  Congrats on making it thus far.  I hope you post pictures!  I love the pics. 

I finally took a full body photo last week.  I will post some befores as soon as I have some afters.
DivaJojo
on 4/18/12 6:47 am - Atlanta, GA
I think it's perfectly normal to obsess, dream, etc. about it.  This is a major decision and life change.  It simply means to me that you're taking it seriously, considering the life-long commitment.  No, you're not going nuts . . . now if you start imagining your slim self standing in a crowded room talking to you . . . then I'd be worried.

No, you're fine . . . it's not obsession, it's being careful and respectful of the magnitude of the step you're taking.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

ajrober2
on 4/18/12 7:18 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
Thank you!  Yes I've been reading about the diet, vitamins, side effects, etc.  I'm going to be a DS pro by the time of my surgery. 
Chicarita
on 4/18/12 10:02 am
It was all I thought about for the year up to my surgery. I'm newly post op so I'm still obsessing. Can't wait for the day when I just live my life and all of this just sort of becomes background noise.

Wishing you the best in your journey!
ajrober2
on 4/19/12 12:05 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
Thank you! 
LosingSally
on 4/19/12 2:12 pm
Before I has my surgery, it was like a religion for me. I ate, slept, dreamed, and talked weight loss surgery until I got it. Then I obsessed with food for different reasons.
That's one thing to know, for some of us, it doesn't mean we can forget to pay attention to the food we eat, for me I had to work harder at my diet ( not dieting!) to get in my protein, and keep my vitamins up, and keep hydrated.
At 6 1/2 years out, my onsession is over, and I got it down on how to do things that work for me and my healthy weight.
Best wishes on your journey.
Most Active