Need to lose!!

mommyof2gr8kids
on 4/17/12 3:29 am - Warminster, PA
I am 3 1/2 years out, crazy!!! I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds to make me truly happy. I have been trying and have not been very successful. Anyone in this siutation and actually did it???

Any advice would be great!

Heather

Highest Weight  261

Surgery Weight  251
  Current Weight  145
  Goal Weight       130

AundreaSmith
on 4/17/12 6:50 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
You in the maintenance phase...the vets are going to want to know about what you are eating.  You will want to list out a typical day of what you eat.

Otherwise, from what I have learned, is that you have to get back to the basics.  High protein, low carb.  Stay away from sugar and hit that protein. 

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

ezziesmomma
on 4/17/12 1:17 pm - Fort Bragg, CA
I'm in the same boat!
I'm 3 yrs out and about 15-18# more than I would like to be. I've gained this winter... pants tight, belly bigger. The thing is I know what to do! It's just getting it done!!!

Lot's water, cut the carbs, exercise! that's it!  I had my appt with the P.A. last week... up my vits and keep a food diary. then e-mail it to her.
good luck (to us both!!)
Evelyn

Valerie G.
on 4/18/12 1:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
So why is that so important?
145 is a wonderful place to be for a woman of average height.  You could go back to eating like a new post op and probably drop it, however if your body is happy where it is right now, it's going to fight you to get back where it likes to be.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ezziesmomma
on 4/20/12 12:13 pm - Fort Bragg, CA
Valarie, if I were at 145 I would be happpy!!!! but I went from 175 to 190 and that in my eyes isn't a good number.I can feel the difference in my body. I feel sluggish. Clothes don't fit in my legs and butt!!
So I'll go back to eating like a post -op and see what happens!
Evelyn

Sher Bear Mama
on 4/18/12 5:55 am
 I get where you're coming from but I think it's important to not focus on the number.  Even now, I'm at 165 and am 4.5 months out from surgery--and honestly, if I hadn't checked the scale, I wouldn't think i had more weight to lose.  I'm 5ft 5 and am wearing a size 9.  Yes, when was in my 20s I weighed 120.  And nearing thirty I weighed 135 or so.  But now that I'm 37, I'm just grateful to be feeling so good, to be looking good, and to be wearing a size I can get in ANY store (well, except for plus size stores).  In theory, I'd love to get down to 145 or so, but with the extra skin I'm carrying around I realized that the number doesn't mean ANYTHING.  It's not a true depiction of how much fat I have on my body.  I too have to remind myself that the number on the scale is worthless.  

Losing 10-15 more pounds won't necessarily make you "happy".  Sometimes we need to look within to see what we really need to feel happy.  I wish you luck and hope that whether or not you lose any more weight, you'll find true happiness.  

Sheri

Sher--the bear mama

ezziesmomma
on 4/25/12 12:47 pm - Fort Bragg, CA
I think my "fear" is being 300# again...
Crazeru
on 4/26/12 8:52 am

I only lost 65lbs with my DS.  My body stopped at 140, and wouldn't budge.  I'm 4 years out and I'm up to 148 this morning, but was crusing around 150.  I'm trying to watch the sugar, but it's hard.  I was maintaining 140-145 very easily when I was dancing 4 nights a week, but when that stopped, it pushed me up and until I get back to more exercise, I don't think it'll change too much.  I'm still in a size 9, but a little tighter.  I look normal.

I know my DS is still working due the oil slicks, but it is a bit harder.  I don't have to be a normal BMI which would be 132, my body likes this weight and I'm not ready to put in the effort of exercising an hour or more daily to drop the weight.   

I do try for more protein, less carbs and less sugar, notice I didn't stop the sugar. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active