Ready fpr step #2 VSG was #1 DS #2 Questions.

leanmama
on 4/14/12 10:49 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13
I had VSG on 11/2/10, have lost and maintained 100 or so weight loss.  I was too sick with advanced co morbities in my surgeons opinion to have anything further.  And we both hoped the VSG would be all I needed.  Well I have not had resolution with diabetes, Hi BP and CHO/triglycerides levels..  Don't get me wrong they are much better but I am shooting for recovery.  My surgeon just moved to a new program and he is now allowed to do DS.  So we have discussed it, I have researched it and want to go for it.  He said is sooo much safer and more standardized than 10 years ago.  He will do it lap and since I have the VSG already ( absolutely NO problems with that except VERY gassy at time) I only need the bowels shortened and re attached. My surgeon has done upward of 5,000 procedures in the last 15 years with DS about 200 of them.  Do you think that is enough for the learning curve to make it very very safe?  Are their many bowel problems after DS?  Would I be able to RTW and not need to be in the ladies room often?  I am about a year away for OR due to $$ and I was just diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 weeks ago and that needs to be taken care of first.  Otherwise WLS is a moot point.  Thanks, Maja
Valerie G.
on 4/15/12 12:12 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
That is great news that there is a new up an coming DS surgeon!
For bathroom issues - I go first thing in the morning and it's usually it for the day, so NO, I'm not in the ladies room often at all.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

J G.
on 4/15/12 4:35 pm
Maja, just curious, if he is only just now "allowed" to do DS how has he done 200?  I'm a little more frequent than Val.  Once or twice first thing in the morning, again after breakfast, then not again till after dinner.
Valerie G.
on 4/16/12 4:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Ahhh, but you should see what I can produce in my morning ritual while applying my makeup.  I just asked my hubby if he could install my telescoping mirror at toilet seating level.  He thinks thats hilarious.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active