Other surgery after DS

kinwy78
on 4/13/12 2:11 pm - NE
I am about  3 1/2 months post op from having an DS.  In a couple of weeks I have to have another surgery for my endomitriosis/PCOS. Has anyone had to have any type of surgery like this post op? If so is there anything that I should be concerned about?  I don't think there should be anything that could cause any problems, but I am  just concerned, since I have had nothing but problems since my surgery. 

MajorMom
on 4/13/12 7:13 pm - VA
I had a hysterectomy post-DS and I found that I didn't react to the magnesium citrate liquid for the bowel prep as I did pre-DS. It was like it was slower to act on my system. Another difference was that I got sick (nauseous) on the pain meds they sent me home with and I used to never get sick on pain meds. Lastly, something I was glad I did, was take stool softeners as soon as I could when I got home until I was sure there would be no constipation from the anesthesia. I continued to take my vitamins when I got home and drank protein shakes.

Good luck with your surgery. Keep us posted.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

godzilla
on 4/14/12 12:48 am - Israel
Abd here I thought I was weird when I did my prep for the colonoscopy and had to drink Picolax and I did not go to the toilet for three hours when everyone says they were running to the toilet within twenty minutes.
Thank GD the colonoscopy was fine.
Mikimi in Israel
southernlady5464
on 4/13/12 11:58 pm
Another tip...add extra protein to your day right now...it will help you heal faster.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

DivaJojo
on 4/18/12 6:52 am - Atlanta, GA
Just piggy-backing off what major mom said.  Since both the anesthesia and narcotic pain meds they may put you on immediately afterward can both cause constipation, I'd start on softeners like miralax as soon as possible afterward.  Also, punch up your protein to aid in healing.  Wishing you a smooth procedure and recovery.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

LosingSally
on 4/19/12 3:04 pm
Just make sure to ask for nausea meds if you need them when you go home, cuz being dehydrated because you can't keep your fluids down ain't no fun!
Get some help for a couple of days so you're not on your own.
Best wishes.
Most Active