Peurto Rico is a lot more fun post-DS

Amanda-DS
on 4/12/12 11:04 pm
I was here 17 years ago and was over 300lbs huffing and puffing my way around the island, hating how sweaty I was. Eating and drinking was a guilt trip.

Today I am getting ready to go on a trip to the Rain Forest, not sure how much I will hike ( have a bad knee from before the DS). Yesterday I walked all over Old San Juan.

The food is fantastic here- seafood is wonderful. We went to a Middle eastern last night and the meats-lamb, chicken, beef were fantastic. We tend as a family of 4 to order 3 main meals and one appetizer to share and I am always full.

Life is more active with theDS
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

ajrober2
on 4/19/12 12:25 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
I was really excited to see your post.  After DS, i plan to re-visit every place that I've gone to in the past for vacation.  I've never been able to really enjoy vacation because of my weight and what it does to my back.  I'm not able to walk very much without being in pain or slowing everyone down.  I hate that!!!! 

Puerto Rico was one of the ports of call on a cruise I went on two years ago.  I had a good time, but it could have been a LOT better if I wasn't so obese.  I went to the Rain Forest as a cruise excursion. I had the bus to take me back to the ship early because my legs and back just couldn't take it anymore.  

I missed out on the night life which is probably the most fun! 

Come on DS!!!! I'm so ready!

Most Active