Am I the only one?

Jennifer D.
on 4/10/12 10:02 am
I posted on FB and was ignored, anyway, I have a problem. I can't control gas when asleep and when I wake up my room is not pleasant? Any ideas of what to do? I would eventually like to have a relationship...
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 10:08 am - UT
 You have had 3 surgeries? I am curious to know what went wrong with each surgery? Answer to your question about gas, this has been a problem for me to 13 years now. I had the DS in 1999 and have fought the gas battle the whole time.

I do see that the more Carbs. I eat the worse the smell is. I just blame the dog when I wake up LOL

Sherri
DS March 15th, 1999
Dr. Rabkin
SW 332 CW 124
Jennifer D.
on 4/10/12 10:19 am
 The RNY I had in 2001 went horribly wrong. I had a misconfiguration, candy cane syndrome, hyper and hypo glycemia and eventually developed nesidioblastosis. In 2010 I was supposed to have a full DS but woke up with a VSG which I lived with for 13 months. Before pt. 2. 

Anyway, I do have to reevaluate what I am eating between work and bed. 
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 10:36 am - UT
 Ummmmm, you went into the hospial signing up for a DS and woke up with a VSG?

Now, it might just be me but can you say LAWSUIT? There is a BIG difference and how couold that even happen?

Have yopu had the DS?
PatXYZ
on 4/10/12 3:19 pm
Umm, no, it would not be grounds for a lawsuit. She saw a very competent DS surgeon who took down her RNY but was unable to complete the full DS at that time and did a sleeve with the intent to finish the DS after some healing. He has since finished the DS. It's not exactly simple to tear down a RNY and set up a DS in a single surgery. Hell, even people who are not having revisions and just a virgin DS sometimes go into surgery and wake up with a VSG as the bypass portion was not possible at the time. I can't believe you've never heard of this.
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/12 12:09 am - UT
PATXYZ:  I suppose not everyone on the boards know everything but it is good to know that people such as yourself know about everything and can be teacher to us all. Thank you for your knowledge on this DS issue.
PatXYZ
on 4/11/12 12:32 am
No, I just think it is prudent not to make outrageous claims without knowing all the facts such as you did.
He who can't be Named
on 4/11/12 2:35 am
As pat said, that's not uncommon. Many are told before surgery that they may not get the whole DS if not possible, and extenuating cir****tances that tax the surgeon can make the surgery longer than they are comfortable with. I've heard of it with things like revisions or SSMO patients that are particularly large being cited as reasons.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
NoMore B.
on 4/11/12 4:11 am
You're right!  Far better that he throw caution to the wind and possibly kill her.  How many DS's have you performed yourself?
larra
on 4/10/12 10:15 am - bay area, CA
It's almost certainly diet related - try removing different foods, esp carbs, from your diet and see if the problem improves. For most of us, white flour foods are the worst culprit, the next most likely possibility is sugars.

Larra
Most Active