3 Months post-op with photo :-)

Sarah R.
on 4/8/12 4:29 am - Luxembourg
 Hi Everyone,

Although I haven't posted alot on this forum, I just wanted to thank everyone who did because you have and you are helping me in my journey. 

I had the DS done on 28 December, I lost 22 lbs pre-surgery and about 53 lbs post-op. I had a few complications during surgery, my intestine ripped as the surgeon was closing me up and ended up on the table for 8 and half hours  Woke-up feeling like death and BP was all over the place, and ended up staying at the hospital for 7 nights. BUT I am happy to say that I've recovered quite well and I am doing GREAT! 

Like alot of people, I have become VERY intolerent to bread which sucks a little but nevermind I'm still happy. Had my 3 months post-op bloods done and mostly ok just need to eat more protein 

I've added a pic because I wanted to share how happy I am with my transformation... As you can see, still managed to eat a bloody waffle on the pic........... No comment!   

creative21
on 4/8/12 4:38 am
Wow well done !! I am in the UK also,did you self pay or go NHS?
Sarah R.
on 4/8/12 9:30 pm - Luxembourg
 Thank you!! 

Although I am from the UK, I currently live in Luxembourg and over here, the medical insurance pays for it, so I have been very lucky.

Back in the UK, I know of alot of people who have had weight-loss surgery through wlsgroup.co.uk privately. I had an appointment with them before I realised my insurance would cover it, they were really nice.

Are you going privately or through the NHS? Think the NHS is great if you qualify, but heard it can take years before the PCT approves/sets a date??

Sarah xxx

calendargirl
on 4/8/12 5:56 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

You look great, Sarah!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

AundreaSmith
on 4/8/12 11:04 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
Sarah you look FANTASTIC!  Congrats!

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Sarah_Anne
on 4/8/12 8:16 pm
you look fantastic!  can't wait to see photos of you when you are down another 50 lbs!  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Sarah R.
on 4/8/12 9:24 pm - Luxembourg
 Thanks everyone!! 

Most Active