Self-pay discounted labs!

Valerie G.
on 4/8/12 2:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I just noticed this on my groupon alerts.  It's available at 34 locations, so it's just not limited to Dayton.  

Medical-Testing Packages at Medlab (Up to 87% Off). Two Options Available. www.groupon.com Certified phlebotomists draw blood to measure statistics such as glucose, cholesterol, iron & organ health in 10- to 20-minute appointments

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

wittleart1
on 4/9/12 8:30 am
I haven't had my surgery yet. It's scheduled for the 2nd of June, but I was wondering, what does it cost usually for lab work if you have to pay out of pocket? I have to self-pay for my surgery, but I'm not sure if I have to pay for labs yet or not. It would just be nice to know, in case I find I will have to pay.
Carla
Valerie G.
on 4/11/12 9:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Full price - it could be thousands, however there are discounts everywhere.  I've seen them as low as a couple of hundred.  I managed to get into cahoots with my PCP to lump them all together into my "preventative annual physical" which my insurance paid for with no deductible or copay so I wouldn't make that mistake twice.

Valerie
DS 2005

wittleart1
on 4/11/12 9:35 am
Thanks.
I've been fortunate enough to have my PCP agree to cooperate with my surgeon to provide me with post-op care, so I hope to do the same. I don't think my insurance will pay for more than once or twice a year for those phyical labs though. I will have to see. I sure can't afford to pay for them out of my own pocket.
Thanks for the info.
Carla
Valerie G.
on 4/12/12 8:13 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I bundle them in with my physical, which is covered 100% annually.  Any more than that gets the copay after the deductible is met, blah blah blah

Valerie
DS 2005

Most Active