Skill surgoen

BROWNEYES_24
on 4/5/12 1:33 pm
Can any recommend a skilll doctor who does the doudenal switch in Tennessee
teachmid
on 4/5/12 8:52 pm - OKC, OK
Have you looked at the list of vetted surgeons on DSFacts.com?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

STEVE B.
on 4/5/12 11:53 pm
Hi Browneyes,

I had the DS with Dr. Stephen Boyce 2 year ago and I highly recommend him.  If you are in the Knoxville area he would be a great option. He works out of Park West Hospital. His phone # is 865-694-9676.

If you are in Middle Tn. look up Dr. Houston. I have meet a couple of his paitients and they speak very highly of him.

Good Luck finding your surgeon. It is definitely worth it to get the DS.
BROWNEYES_24
on 4/6/12 1:38 am
Hi I quickly call ur doc office and sadly enough they dont take patoents in my area. Im in memphis,tn
southernlady5464
on 4/6/12 12:14 am
I second Dr. Boyce as an option. He's an excellent surgeon altho his pre/after care sucks pond water...they are still RNY oriented. Telling DS'er's not to eat fat, to not drink with meals, they have even refered to the sleeve portion of my DS as a POUCH for God's sake!!! Had to call them on that one!

Anyway, he is an excellent option altho not listed on dsfacts.com

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

BROWNEYES_24
on 4/6/12 1:28 am
Thanks everyone. i must also mention I have a sleeve done already two years ago just lookin to get second stage done.
MajorMom
on 4/6/12 1:44 am - VA
The second part is the trickiest and you want a good DS surgeon for that. Do take a look at DSFacts if Dr Boyce isn't an option, perhaps another one there is...or Mexico and Dr Ungston. Keep us posted on how your research is going. Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

walter A.
on 4/6/12 11:04 am - lafayette, NJ
dr anthone in omaha did my surgery with out a hitch, 6 other ds surgeons popular on this site turned me away as too complex.
Valerie G.
on 4/7/12 7:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 These docs are few and far between.  It's not uncommon to travel to find a good doc, so if you really want this, plan on packing a bag.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

juddfan1974
on 4/9/12 6:24 am - TN
VSG on 07/02/12
I am currently working with Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville, TN.  I hope to have my DS in late May or early June.  They have a great program.  It truely is a program and not just surgery.  You might want to google him or read some of his reviews on this site. 
Most Active