Goals come true even after 3 yrs out....

Laurie D.
on 3/29/12 12:45 am - minden, NE
HI! 

I haven't posted lots, been going to school and keeping myself very busy and I have neglected being here.  :(  I have missed it, but I only have so many hours in a day.  

I will be graduating in December I hope (things are looking better for that!).  I will have an associates degree in Health INformation Management.  I am really excited. Couldn't have accomplished this without the DS , or at least the ability for me to have a job, go outside the house or even likely the fact that I am alive!

Yesterday I was at the local hospital for my on the job training/observation for my classes and was called to the CFO's office.  I really was a bit frightened and wondered what I could have done wrong.  I guess I didn't do anything but know what I was doing. I was offered an "as needed" job.  I will be doing medical transcription for those who are gone, on vacation, or other reasons as well as possibly the medical coding as well.  I am hoping that this will lead into something more permanent.  I really like the hospital and the people who work there.  

This was a goal of mine.  Well, actually a mixed goal.  I wanted to get off of disability and become a productable part of society.  I was removed from disability this month.  And got the job.  So I am fulfilling my goals.  

I just wanted the newbies, and those who are having questions and doubts about what they did, if they will be able to make the goals that they made etc, that it CAN and IS done! 

Everything on my first 'do' (or goal) list I believe I have accomplished.  Time to make  a new one, this time it will be a bucket list and I already have things on it in my head.  The sky is the limit now!  

SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

Amanda-DS
on 3/29/12 5:16 am
absolutely awesome!!!!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

nightowl
on 3/29/12 4:00 pm - Topeka, KS
You go, sister!  Thank you for this update.  I hope it keeps going well for you.
J G.
on 3/30/12 4:09 pm
Laurie, medical transcriptionist! Good for you.  Congrats on meeting your goals!
Most Active