5 YEARS!!!!

gwbp
on 3/28/12 7:03 am
 WOW!    Its hard to believe.  I am just shy of my 5 year mark.    
Life is fantastic!   I really never knew how good this could be.  Its truly life changing.
I started my journey in January of 2007.   I said to myself:  This is it,  Im doing surgery
this is my year.   My husband was ok w/ it.  I 
found a Dr. and had my surgery w/o thinking about it too much.  I was lucky, smooth recovery,
quick as hell weight loss.  I had  my days of nausea, sure, tired some, but WOW.   150 lbs (passed goal)  in just over  one year isnt bad.    We since moved out of state and everyone I have met never knew I ever had a weight problem.  I bounce a bit, but I know what I  do  carbs, ugh, For the first two years  I didnt think I would ever be able to eat them again, but let me tell you,  I can!   I enjoy food, little meals, snacks, and I am good.  I have plenty of restriction. (Sometimes not good sence!!)  I keep my weight in check, some days 142 - 147.  Solid Medium in clothes.  FUN WITH CLOTHES!  Its taken me a while to develop my style, whew,   Thanks honey $$!   
If your are scared, I was scard too,   I knew sometimes there are complications, and I knew I had to do it WHILE my health could take it.  Sooner is better than later,  JMO!  I could go on and on, but I wont, Thank you, Best to all of you seekers, Do it!! It can be that good!!
  Gwyn Phillips

PS   Plastics!  I did em.  extended TT. did not get a good result, still lots of loose skin.  It sorta stretched back out, some .  That is my only regret.   

Down 165 lbs. as of May 21.
Valerie G.
on 3/28/12 8:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Congrats, Gwen!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

gwbp
on 3/28/12 12:49 pm
 Thanks Val!   Nice to see you !!
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 8:28 am
 Awesome! It's posts like yours that make me feel good. I wish I were the one announcing my five-year 100+ pound loss anniversary. Post pics please!!!

Lynda
gwbp
on 3/28/12 12:55 pm
 Will do..  I need to update but I have some my  profile
lookingup2
on 3/28/12 11:48 am - Sharpsburg, GA
Congrats!!!
nightowl
on 3/28/12 7:13 pm - Topeka, KS

Big congrats!  And thanks for updating us.

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 11:25 pm
Congrats on your five year mark! Thanks for posting how life is at this point, it's important for everyone to see the long term DS'ers post.
Renee2007
on 3/31/12 6:17 am - Central, FL
 Awesome update, Gwyn! You totally rocked your DS! So glad things are going so well for you. Happy Surgiversary!!!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Most Active