for those with IC......

heidig71
on 3/27/12 9:04 am - IN
how in the world are we supposed to follow the darn diet??? between the limitations on what i can eat and only being able to eat every 3 hours, i feel like i am starving but at the same time i am getting burnt out on eating the same stuff over and over again. i am doing exactly what i am supposed to and am getting no relief whatsoever. i am still in excrutiating pain all the time.
lookingup2
on 3/27/12 1:02 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
How far out from surgery are you?  Do you feel sick?  You only have to stick to this for a short while.  Right afrter surgery I was not able to eat much.  I did not have any significant pain.  You should contact your doctor about that.  Before long you can eat anything your stomach will tolerate. 
MsBatt
on 3/27/12 1:58 pm
What's IC? And why can you only eat every three hours?

Tell us more, and maybe we can help more. When did you have your DS? What sort of diet are you trying to follow? What foods can you NOT eat?
Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/28/12 12:04 am, edited 3/28/12 12:07 am - Tuvalu

My IC has no identifiable connection to my diet.

And why "only every three hours?"

ETA:  I *DO* take Elmiron.

heidig71
on 3/29/12 1:01 am - IN
IC is a chronic inflammation and irritation in the bladder. i was given a strict diet to follow that says "no smoked or cured meats, no vitamin c, no potassium, nothing carbonated or caffienated, no artificial sweeteners, no coffee at all, no aged cheeses, no nitrates, nothing with vinegar and no chocolate". i am having a hard time getting in my protien even with shakes because i cant have any flavor except vanilla. with the meds they put me on for it i cant eat for an hour before the meds or for 2 hours after. i am also having a hard time getting in my fluids because very much plain water makes me nauseous no mater what temp it is and pretty much all i can drink is plain water and milk. i am almost 4 years out from my DS and had gotten quite used to being able to eat whatever i want. my IC diet is way more frustrating than even my early out DS diet
Most Active