OT update from gyno and uro

heidig71
on 3/26/12 11:07 pm - IN
i have a prolapsed bladder and uterus and IC. i am trying very hard to stick to the new diet and to quit smoking. sticking to the diet has been fairly easy but frustrating. the smoking thing is a totally different story. my home life is very stressful. the gyno says i am looking at sugery.
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 9:15 am
 I had a vaginal prolapse about a year after my hysterectomy. It needed surgery. Not that big of a deal, they went in vaginally to fix it. What went wrong for me was that I bled too much and ended up with three internal abscesses that required another surgery. What happened to me is rare, so don't worry that it might happen to you. I just seem to be a free bleeder. I get a cut, and I bleed and bleed. 

Quitting smoking is HARD. About twenty years ago I picked up smoking to lose weight, which is probably the stupidest thing I ever did to get rid of my extra weight. I smoked for only a year, and no more than a pack a day, but I had a hell of a time quitting. 

How did I do it? First, I made it a matter of prayer. Wanting to quit smoking is a good desire — a desire to do the right thing — so there's no reason why God wouldn't help with that desire. I petitioned God constantly asking for help and strength. 

Then I stayed completely away from anyone I knew who smoked and any place I knew where people smoked. I did this for a minimum of two weeks. It was hard. I had a friend who smoked and her feelings were very much hurt by my avoidance of her. But I just couldn't be around cigarettes. 

The first two weeks were awful, then it got easier; I could be around people who smoked again (GRADUALLY, not all at once!)

All in all it took about a year to be completely free of cigarettes. Now, I can't stand the smell of them. They make me sick. I haven't touched a cigarette in more than twenty years and I'm so glad of it. Smoking is awful!

Good luck and don't give up. You can do it!

Lynda
Most Active