Dealing with Roslin's office staff - is he worth it?

Nunya Beezwax
on 3/26/12 1:35 am, edited 3/26/12 2:25 am
First of all HELLO and thank you all for the comments on this board. It has been so enlightening. This is my first post, but I have read many of your posts and it's been a valuable resource for me. Thank you so much for generously sharing of your experiences and advice!

I could really use some thoughts from Dr. Roslin's patients. I am 90% sure I want Roslin to perform my DS, he is obviously one of the superior surgeons in my area (NYC), but his office staff has been very difficult to deal with. They don't return phone calls, they don't have answers to basic questions, and it seems like they all HATE their jobs.

I understand that my decision in choosing a surgeon should be based on the surgeon's skill set and not his staff but I'm not sure if he's worth all this hassle.

My other concern with choosing Roslin is the post surgical hospital stay. I have read several disturbing reviews about LH about how terrible the nurses and accommodations are (hot rooms, lengthy delays in nurse response, rude comments, non-bariatric beds, etc.). When I asked Roslin's coordinator about it, she told me to call the hospital and ask them about it myself.

My husband just had a short stay at LH (coincidentally Roslin was his surgeon and he stayed on the 8th floor) so I caught a glimpse of issues raised by Roslin's patients but most of the nurses seemed to be friendly and attentive. I did hear a lot of loud gossiping in the halls and the room was hot.

All comments and advice are welcome and appreciated

PS - I'm not sure if it's necessary but here are my stats:
CW 445 / Roslin's GW for me is 210-240.

walter A.
on 3/26/12 4:43 am - lafayette, NJ
HE IS A GOOD CHOICE IN NYC, SAW HIM TWICE , HE TURNED ME AWAY DUE TO COMPLEX SURGICAL REQIUREMENT I HAD AS DID POMP AND COMPANY,  DR ANTHONE D ID MY SURGERY NO PROBLEM OPEN.
Zee Starrlite
on 3/26/12 5:09 am
Wow are we talking the same doc and hospital??? I've been treated like a queen by both and I'm talking long term.  I've been a fairly frequent patient for 6+years.

I personally would not have my surgery with a place I felt so negatively about.

All best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Nunya Beezwax
on 3/26/12 6:22 am
 Thank you both for your replies!

Zee, that's the rub, Dr. Roslin is great but his staff is driving me insane... and I'm concerned about the hospital reviews.  

I sent Roslin an e-mail, hoping he responds in a satisfying way.  My mind is set on having him perform my DS but it's hard to see beyond so many negatives.

I appreciate your input!
Nunya Beezwax
on 3/26/12 6:24 am
 Zee, have you ever had a bad experience with Lenox Hill?  I'm sorry you've been there so many times :(
Mendoza
on 3/26/12 9:05 am - NY
They are terrible but he is a good surgeon as you said. The hospital is half and half in the 8th floor they are great but the 9th floor where they send you after it is terrible is the worst place I been in live for one day. Dr Roslin is good but he doesn't have a bedside manners , if you want the best doctor he is the one but if you want a friend he is not the one. He's staff they are exactly like you said. But keep going you are in good hands.

Shavonne P.
on 3/26/12 10:04 am
Good Evening -

I had Roslin as well.  I had my surgery out of Lenox Hill because I was a revision so that hospital is better equipped.  I do all my follow up care out of his North Westchester Hospital office because its closer for me (I am upstate - Albany).  If you are a virgin, and not a revision maybe you can speak to him about having your procedure done out of NWH.  His staff there is AMAZING. I always get my call returned right away.  Although I have never stayed inpatient there, I hear its a pretty nice state of the art facility.  

PM me if you need more info.
Most Active