Texas DSers...need help...Dr. Barker or Dr. Stewart??

Chicarita
on 3/24/12 2:28 am
Stewart with a capital S. Dr. Barker hasn't been doing this long enough AND his complication rate is a little high for my taste.

Stewart. Don't even consider anyone else.
pycca
on 3/24/12 11:42 am - Haslet, TX
If you want a choice and want to REALLY meet your DR,, go to DR Stewart!!!

I just spent 2 VERY long days with a friend,,who went with Barker,  the poor lady never saw him ..even on surgery day,, and then on discharge  it was just someone from his office,, so for the whole time, pre op and on she saw him once,,,, they did 62 surgeries from 2 am til hers was the last at 4;30 pm   she said allshe needed was a cattle tag on her ear and a brand on her but with BARKER...

and he talked her into the rny......

I did try and get her to go to DR Stewart,, but her daughter was doing it at same time... so she stayed with her...

CHOOSE CAREFULLY !!!!

I had Stewart,, saw him almost every time, several times in hospital, and on my follow ups...

nmroxie
on 3/27/12 5:50 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
Dr. Stewart is the best!! I did a lot of research as well and was impressed with him from the very first visit. I am almost 2 years out and still get to see him when I go in for my follow up appt. His staff is great also, especially his nurse Sue. My experience with them has never been anything but good and I feel better than I ever have thanks to them. Good luck with your decision - trust your instincts.

Julie0612
on 3/27/12 9:59 am
 I just want to thank everyone for your responses & advice!  I am definitely going with Dr. Stewart & I feel very at peace with that decision even though I haven't met him yet!  I have my consult with him next Tuesday (4/3), but I just got his DVD in the mail & have been watching it & am very impressed!  Now to decide on which surgery!  I was very sure that I wanted to do DS, but am having second thoughts because I am such a carb addict.  I'm afraid that dumping syndrome is my only hope of staying away from sweets.  Advice?
tawny2112
on 3/29/12 6:07 am - Midwest City, OK

Girl I was the queen of carbs. I pretty much had a Wonder bread bakery behind my house. Since I've had my DS I still eat them but it's not what I crave. I crave meat and cheese all the time. You will be EXTREMELY pleased with Dr. S. He can be a little dry sometimes but you're not paying him to be your BFF, you're paying him to save your life.

Good Luck to you!!!!

WHY I CHOSE DS:  No dumping,Highest percentage of excess weight loss , Best long term results, Less weight regain, No band fills, Eat normal sized meals post op and won't regain weight,NO Band slippage,  No revisions, 96% diabetes cured, 90% high blood pressure cured 80% sleep apnea cured. My children. Myself.

DarcyMad
on 4/3/12 1:56 am - Cedar Park, TX
 Doc Stewart - HANDS DOWN.  Great surgical technique - not one complication for me, awesome healing time, all my weight lost and then some!   I couldn't recommend anyone else more highly.
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 11:00 am
Hi Julie:

I am a patient of Dr Stewart. He is terrific. He spent over an hour with me in our initial consult, discussing all the details of the surgery, assessing if I was a good candidate for revision, putting me at ease.  I cannot have my surgery until June, 2012, because I have to wait  2 years from the date of my Sleeve surgery (June, 2010), and I can tell you I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THAT DAY!!

I have heard great things about Dr. Barker also. But I have never met with him so I cannot attest to his practice. But i wholeheartedly give my confidence to Dr. Stewart. He is one of the original pioneers of the DS, and has years and years of experience in performing this very difficult surgery.

Best of luck to you,

Donna

Most Active