Maddie's Swiss Cheese Wrap photo tutorial

Renfairewench
on 3/16/12 6:48 am
I was asked to post this here for ya'all so here it is. I often want a wrap, but tortilla are killer for me, not to mention the carbs. This is just a variation on making a cheese crisp. I use cheese that I have melted as a "tortilla"  Here is my photo tutorial.  Go forth and enjoy your DS...the near carbless way.

For the cheese crisp you will need ham or another protein of your choice, swiss cheese (cheddar is good too) and mayo or other dressing of your choice.

I use a non stick pan and do not oil it. I get the pan nice and hot.

I drop four 1/2 slices of swiss cheese into the hot pan. Can't you just hear it sizzle?

And I let it cook. This isn't quite ready yet. It still is a bit wet and runny in the middle. I also push down the corners too.

The corners are pushed down and the cheese is still a little wet, but right where it needs to be. Any more cooking it will make the cheese crisp fall apart when you bite into it. At this point I turn off the heat.

I then add the ham that I have put mayo on and avacado. You can add anything you want though, but remember the size of your wrap. Of course if you have a large pan and make a big swiss wrap well then you can go crazy adding all sorts of stuff!

I take a pair of tongs and roll the wrap. If there is too much, sometimes I just fold one side over and then the other.

Take it out of the pan and put it on a paper towel and let it cool for a few minutes.

Remove said paper towel and take a bite and eat it all up! YUM!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

skyjem
on 3/16/12 7:18 am - Canada
That looks so good! Crispy cheese is delicious!

b1751
on 3/16/12 8:36 am
Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!
teachmid
on 3/16/12 9:39 am - OKC, OK
Yum....I'm going to make this over the weekend.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Shavonne P.
on 3/16/12 10:30 am
This looks so good.  Thanks for sharing!!
galla1
on 3/16/12 11:43 am
 Awesome!! I'm making this tomarrow!! Thanks so much!!
Heres2anewme
on 3/16/12 11:54 am - TX

This looks DELICIOUS!! I can't wait to try it!!

Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Schmatzi
on 3/16/12 2:12 pm - TX
Wow great idea. Looks so yummy. I think I am going to try it this weekend as well
J G.
on 3/16/12 4:19 pm
a picture's worth a thousand words.... thanks, Maddie! 
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/12 10:38 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
NOM NOM, MADDIE!!
Most Active