Internal Deodorant - Anyone using them or tried them

MsPoolShark
on 3/15/12 3:25 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hey Challie,

How are you? I thought we were going to get together one day.

I don't remember which pic it was that I showed you but yeah I'm getting pretty close to the last weight I remember being happy at.

Looks like you're doing great also. I remember thinking you looked fantastic when we met so must look fabulous now. Congrats chickie!!!

Kimme
Check out this DS Friendly Recipe group here: www.obesityhelp.com/group/ds_friendly_recipes/

J G.
on 3/15/12 3:41 pm
Yes, for special occasions, I've use devrom or pepto bismo (which I think is chemically similar.)  I try to only take it when it is 2 hrs after and 2 hr before a vitamin batch.  Same thing for Charcoal capsules.
MsPoolShark
on 3/16/12 12:49 am, edited 3/16/12 12:49 am - Toronto, Canada
Where do you get the Devrom? And I'm gathering that it's not something that's safe to take on a regular basis?

The problem I'm encountering is that when I had my DS I lived alone. A few months ago I started living with roomates. And although it was a delicate embarrassing conversation, they've brought up the odor to me. So I'm really looking for something I can use on a regular basis rather then just once in a while on special occassions.
Check out this DS Friendly Recipe group here: www.obesityhelp.com/group/ds_friendly_recipes/

J G.
on 3/16/12 4:09 am
http://www.amazon.com/Devrom-Capsules-Bottle-of-100/dp/B000O 08G2U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331920678&sr=8-2

Sent you a PM

forgot to ask you have you tested yourself for lactose or gluten sensitivity?
MsPoolShark
on 3/18/12 1:21 am - Toronto, Canada
No, I haven't tested myself for those. I've been doing lactose free white milk but use regular chocolate milk for swallowing my vites. Need something flavored and a bit on the thick side as opposed to jus****er.

JazzyOne9254
on 3/18/12 8:08 am, edited 3/17/12 8:15 pm

Devrom works like a charm for me, but I only use it when I'm going to be in public for extended periods (I'm currently in school, studying my way off disability), or if I'm going out to dinner. Food prep methods that use simple carbs (Fried Chicken made with white flour) or simple sugars (dessert!) sets me off!

If I'm at home, and I get a hankering for a gas-producing food, I eat it, and let 'em fly! I'm single, so no kids or husband to send running from the house, and no roommates!

My doctor (PCP) said that Devrom was made for ostomy patients, who usually take it every day, so she didn't see why I couldn't. It can get pricey if you take it every day, and that's the only reason I save it for "special" occasions (like shopping, movies, concerts, etc) I usually order the capsules from Parthenon, the manufacuter. The chewable tablets give me the runs, so they probably use xylitol to sweeten.

I always joke that the gas I produce could be sold to the Department of Defense as a "strategic evacuation" tool!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

MsPoolShark
on 3/18/12 8:58 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks so much for your post. It's very helpful and good to know that it's safe to take everyday.

I'm assuming then that's it a fairly fast acting drug if you take it immediately before special occassions? It's not one of these types that you need to take for a week or so first for the effect to get built up in your system?

Just wondering how "fast" acting it may be. The majority of the time my bm's are in the morning (although sometimes they are throughout the day also) but I'm thinking if I take it at night before I go to bed, would it work in time for that morning bm?

JazzyOne9254
on 4/12/12 5:43 pm
 I find that a couple doses works for me.  Everybody's different. The chewables have xylitol,and that might give you the gurgles/runs. Xylitol messed with my gut pre-op!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 11:56 pm, edited 3/20/12 11:57 pm
 I would try  kyo- Chlorella  or green magma ...( ask in the health food store ) as well as a probiotic CAPSULE  preferably from the regrigerator of the health food store (  you  keep it in  your refrigerator too ) ... which has a huge quantity of a variety of  live bifidus  and acidophilus capsules .

These aren't cheap but are SO worth it !  the  gut flora will flourish in Ur system and very soon U will have to take  only one per week or even every couple of weeks .  

The green stuff reduces odors IMMEDIATELY .  Its very effective and very health promoting too . 

The probiotics work longer term  but are super effective and make Ur skin  look amazing .  

If you frequently get gas , try Gas - x . 
Happy P.
on 3/21/12 7:47 am - CA
I had my D/S almost 10 years ago.
I have been taking Nullo for years. I take 2 pills every night.
When I first found out about it I read one of their ads and it said that Hunters use it so the "prey" wouldn't smell them. 
That may be horrible and against everything I believe in but it was a GREAT concept for what I was looking for.
I definitely notice a difference if I forget to take it.

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this, as I did not read the previous posts.

LS

Most Active