DS weight problem!

JazzyOne9254
on 3/18/12 8:30 am

See your surgeon about getting a script for Creon.  It's a digestive enzyme that you take with meals and snacks. 

I got into protein malnutrition early out, and was put on 24000 units.  I'm more malabsorptive than most (just me, I guess, plus my cc is 75 cm, the shortest my surgeon will do) so I still use the Creon.  It does cause some people to gain weight, but I didn't have that issue at all.

Also, I never completely let go of my shakes.  I make my own with a couple of scoops of unflavored whey protein isolate, whole milk, a splash of heavy cream, sweetener and decaf hazlenut coffee.  The shakes might help to stabilize your weight, and with the unflavored protein powder, you can make them any flavor you want, an you can also add the powder to soups and stews, and even pasta sauce to boost the protein content.

Good Luck!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Tarragon
on 4/12/12 2:12 am
You are absolutely correct.  My surgeon said I have wasting and prescribed 24000 units of Creon for me also.  Thank you.

I HOPE it makes me gain weight, because if I don't gain back at least 20 pounds and preferably 40, he will want to revise my DS to lengthen my common channel.
Most Active