Short term panic regarding post op measurements. thankful for this site.

usandall
on 3/8/12 9:12 am, edited 3/8/12 9:16 am

I had to obtain my post op report for time off work and when I read the details I was concerned thinking my measurements might may have been too large and I would not lose wt. Per my post operative report " The new gastric capacity is about 80-100 ml; the alimentary limb length is 300 cm and the common channel is 150 cm"

Thankfully related to this site and my Dr U my panic has been reduced

Dear Donna The capacity of your stomach is 3 ounces. Maybe it’s the common channel seems larger (150) but remember your BMI .The capacity of your stomach and the lengths on your limbs will work very nice on you. I agree about avoid carbs. (Major Moms advice) Give it time. Do not run Take it easy, surgery was done only less than one month ago. Keep close.

Dr Ungson

PS I went into my daughter class room today to help out on typing and grading papers and I found out it is National Women day and tomorrows is National Panic day............apparently I was one day early

MajorMom
on 3/8/12 6:03 pm - VA
PS I went into my daughter class room today to help out on typing and grading papers and I found out it is National Women day and tomorrows is National Panic day............apparently I was one day early

lol  Cute P.S. You're doing fine. Try to take it easy and do what you know you're supposed to do--it will be ok. :)

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/9/12 3:34 am - Sedona, AZ
 there's a thread on FB about this now too you might want to see

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Emily F.
on 3/9/12 6:16 am
He normally does 100 cc, did he give you are reason? Are you a lightweight? I'm just curious.
usandall
on 3/9/12 1:11 pm
Yes I am a light weight before surgery 200 to 205 5'4" however my standard wt was between 190 and 195 when I first sought Dr U out..  I do remember him saying he uses the Dr Hess may have that spelled wrong when it comes to light wt rather then his standard.  At first I had a gain which I am sure was jus****er wt and now I am losing but not quickly like I have read from others on here.  He also removed a lap band which was apparently difficult to get out related to adhesion and scar tissue. 
Thanks
Donna
Emily F.
on 3/9/12 6:17 am
Now I'm thinking I must have been a fatass for him to give me 100cc. lol.
usandall
on 3/9/12 1:12 pm
No............  I do hope after one failed WLS this is helpful
Most Active