Its official I am a DSer!!

WowMomLol
on 3/6/12 9:03 am - MI
Had surgery Friday morning and came home Sunday afternoon.  All is going well.  I need to get more water and protein in, but I'm working on it.  I am getting in about 28oz to 40oz between the both.  I have also been getting in my vitamins without any problems.
Herman
on 3/6/12 9:26 am
 Congratulations, keep pushing that liquid. It's great that you are getting in your vitamins already, but if it is a matter of getting in fluids OR vitamins, go with the liquids, that's your most important job right now.

WowMomLol
on 3/8/12 1:19 am - MI

Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot!

Sandra C.
on 3/6/12 9:31 am, edited 3/6/12 9:31 am - Kalamazoo, MI
 Glad to hear you are doing well, have a quick recovery, and hope to see you at the meetings at GHP if they start them up again. I liked drinking warm protein beef broth, it was easier than water to get my fluids in. Dr Kemmeter is my surgeon too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

WowMomLol
on 3/8/12 1:27 am - MI

I too hope they start the support meetings at GHP again.  I haven’t been to any yet, but look forward to meeting others.  I am sooo looking forward to next week when I can start eating real food!  Eggs and cheese have never sounded so good to me. LOL

neacres100
on 3/6/12 10:37 am - NJ
Congrats on getting on the Dark Side!

Fluids are very important at this point.  Sip, Sip, Sip, rest..... Sip and sip some more.

best wishes!

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
WowMomLol
on 3/8/12 1:30 am - MI

Thank you for the support!!  I am really trying to sip sip sip…now if I could just stop gulping air while sipping it would be great!  I swear I don’t ever remember gulping air while drinking before this surgery…so weird.

AundreaSmith
on 3/6/12 11:43 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
So happy for you!!  I am glad that your surgery went well and you are on the mend.  Keep up the awesome job with your fluids and protein, you're doing GREAT!

I am right behind you...

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

WowMomLol
on 3/8/12 1:37 am - MI

Thanks Aundrea.  I will be thinking of you as too as your day is almost here.  I found this surgery much easier then the hysterectomy I had.  I was at Blodgett Hospital and the care they gave me was wonderful.  My husband stayed with me the whole time.  There was a couch in my room that made into a bed that he slept on.  Not sure if you will be there or St. Mary’s, but I hear the nursing staff is great at both. 

Sandra C.
on 3/8/12 7:36 am - Kalamazoo, MI
 Happy to hear you are in good shape!!
My D.S. was easier than my hysterectomy also. The recovery is faster too, less pain. The strange  stomach feelings are very unusual to get used to. Mine feels more normal now, and I can eat any foods. Your taste may have changed to a more metallic taste, difficult to enjoy your fav flavors. Nothing tasted right to me for 2 months, due to the anesthesia and pain meds. All should return to normal soon.  ;-)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active