teachmid
on 3/7/12 8:39 am - OKC, OK
I make it once a weeK because DH loves it too. I reheat it in the microwave
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

melissab03z
on 3/7/12 7:44 am - NC
DS on 05/24/12
Great protein threads ... thanks for sharing!
kiwicat
on 3/7/12 7:46 am - Knoxville, TN
I tend to cook enough for dinner as well to take for lunch the next day. I also make things ahead and freeze/reheat to give me variety. I know that I tend to get bored easily as well. I have meatballs that I made and froze in little packs of four so that I can grab and go. I can't do tomato sauce so I reheat them and dip in BBQ sauce. I do the same with taco meat. I fix it on the weekends and put them in individual servings in bags to put in the freezer. Then I can grab and go and add some lettuce and other things to make taco salad.

I also do turkey hot dogs (no bun) - the Oscar Meyer ones are Nitrite free and don't seem to bother me. It's not a lot of protein but it's some and gives me something that I can reheat. I cook them in the toaster oven in the mornings and then cut in to little bit size pieces and reheat in the microwave.

I do scrambled eggs and at the end I put in a mix of onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper that I sauted in butter and added chili powder and season salt. That gives some variety to my eggs and I usually scramble 4 and split that in to two mini meals when at work. I also made some turkey sausage balls out of ground turkey. The little bit of bisquick in them doesn't seem to bother me and I add cream cheese to them to keep them from being so dry. You can find recipes online for turkey sausage out of ground turkey. Gives me some variety and turkey is a good source of protein.

Hope this helps - I know for me I tend to find something that sits well and stick with it until I get bored and then I find something else and go with it for awhile and then I'll recycle back to something that I haven't had in awhile. 
neacres100
on 3/7/12 11:23 am - NJ

I love seafood......

Mussels,
Oysters(love them raw on the halfshell, or grilled or baked with garlic and butter)
Tuna (sushi)
Smoked Salmon and cream cheese wheels
Salmon Sashimi
Sardines (boneless and skinless)
Tunafish
Clams on the half shell
Red Snapper
Halibut
Shrimp
Lobster
Flounder,

Other than seafood.....
natural creamy peanut butter
Salami and cream cheese rolled up
beef jerky
beef chili
humus
peanuts
sunflowers
cashews
pistatios
Steak
roasted chicken
pork
turkey

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Valerie G.
on 3/8/12 3:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Emerald Nuts has Cocoa Roasted Almonds, that I used to keep on my desk all of the time.  They satisfied my sweet craving and my chocolate craving, and VERY low sugar.  I didn't sweat the complex carbs at all as I was losing.  I just minimized my enjoyment of sugar and flour items for the most part.  I also kept a giant jug of trail mix that I made for my desk.  I had so many people hooked on it that I took a collectio to pay for the next batch to allow them to grab handfulls at will.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Valerie G.
on 3/8/12 4:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Other things I like to eat are SF Custard, flourless peanut butter cookies, ricotta fluff and thelma salad to pacify my sweet tooth without getting into trouble.  I know it gets horribly dull, and almost depressing not enjoying these foods anymore.  Add a little bread with a whole lotta cheese to mix things up a little.  There's double-protein bread out there, that topped with peanut butter is a wonderful thing for toast.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ladynitewolf
on 3/8/12 6:06 am - BFE, CA
My latest obsession is cooking up a whole pork butt roast using a jar of green salsa to simmer it in the crockpot with. Then I shred the meat and eat it for days - rewarmed, cold, in a taco, it doesn't matter. It's sooooo goood!

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

Catnip
on 3/8/12 10:18 am - Ottawa, Canada
 what about eggs?
Scambled, deviled, fried, boiled?
Crustless quiche?

I often mix 2 eggs with a bit of cream (1/4 cup) and a couple tbls almond meal and use this to make 3 eggy creapes which i stuff which something.  
Some stuffing ideas include
Reduced cream
cheese
spinach
tomato
ham
veggies
diced apple which some cinimon and splenda
greek yogurt and berries
anything else you want.

You only need about 2 to 3 tbls of filling to fill the creape, 

My neice ane nephew love these and when they sleep over they ask for these and a protien shake for breakfast.  

I also wanted to share this thread with you which has lots of good ideas.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/3819219/Wanna-compile-a -list-of-CHEAP-protein-packed-dinners/ 

good luck

Catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook